Assessing incentives and risks in training decisions. A methodological note applied to the Uruguayan case
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Department of Economics - dECON in its series Documentos de Trabajo (working papers) with number 1511.
Date of creation: Aug 2011
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Constituyente 1502, 6to piso, CP 11200, Montevideo
Phone: (598) 2410-6449
Fax: (598) 2410-6450
Web page: http://www.fcs.edu.uy/subcategoria.php?SubCatId=48&CatId=53
More information through EDIRC
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Philip Oreopoulos, 2003. "Do Dropouts Drop Out Too Soon? Evidence from Changes in School-Leaving Laws," Working Papers oreo-03-01, University of Toronto, Department of Economics.
- Jekaterina Dmitrijeva & Mihails Hazans, 2007.
"A Stock-Flow Matching Approach to Evaluation of Public Training Programme in a High Unemployment Environment,"
CEIS, vol. 21(3), pages 503-540, 09.
- Jekaterina Dmitrijeva & Mihails Hazans, 2005. "A stock-flow matching approach to evaluation of public training program in a high unemployment environment," Labor and Demography 0506007, EconWPA.
- Gerald Marschke & Pascal Courty, 2004.
"Making Government Accountable: Lessons from a Federal Job Training Program,"
04-03, University at Albany, SUNY, Department of Economics.
- Pascal Courty & Gerald Marschke, 2003. "Making Government Accountable: Lessons from a Federal Job Training Program," The Centre for Market and Public Organisation 03/083, Department of Economics, University of Bristol, UK.
- Yoram Ben-Porath, 1967. "The Production of Human Capital and the Life Cycle of Earnings," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 75, pages 352.
- Philip Oreopoulos, 2003. "Do Dropouts Drop Out Too Soon? International Evidence From Changes in School-Leaving Laws," NBER Working Papers 10155, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kenneth Beauchemin, 1999.
"Growth or Stagnation? The Role of Public Education,"
99-06, University at Albany, SUNY, Department of Economics.
- Beauchemin, Kenneth R., 2001. "Growth or stagnation? The role of public education," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 64(2), pages 389-416, April.
- Zvi Eckstein & Kenneth I. Wolpin, 1999. "Why Youths Drop Out of High School: The Impact of Preferences, Opportunities, and Abilities," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 67(6), pages 1295-1340, November.
- Becker, Gary S & Mulligan, Casey B, 1997. "The Endogenous Determination of Time Preference," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 112(3), pages 729-58, August.
- Trostel, Philip A, 2002. "Should Education Be Publicly Provided?," Bulletin of Economic Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 54(4), pages 373-91, October.
- Yochanan Comay & Arie Melnik & Moshe A. Pollatschek, 1976. "Dropout Risks, Option Values, and Returns to Investment in Schooling," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 9(1), pages 45-56, February.
- David H. Greenberg & Charles Michalopoulos & Philip K. Robins, 2003. "A meta-analysis of government-sponsored training programs," Industrial and Labor Relations Review, ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 57(1), pages 31-53, October.
- Gary S. Becker, 1962. "Investment in Human Capital: A Theoretical Analysis," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 70, pages 9.
- David H. Greenberg & Charles Michalopoulos & Philip K. Robins, 2004. "What Happens To The Effects Of Government-Funded Training Programs Over Time?," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 39(1).
- Courty, Pascal & Marschke, Gerald, 1997. "Measuring Government Performance: Lessons from a Federal Job-Training Program," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 87(2), pages 383-88, May.
- W Thomas & D J Webber & F Walton, 2002. "School Leaving Intentions at the Age of Sixteen: Evidence from a Multicultural City Environment," Economic Issues Journal Articles, Economic Issues, vol. 7(1), pages 1-14, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Irene Musio) or (Héctor Pastori).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.