Nano-fundamentos da macroeconomia: Keynes e o institucionalismo na Teoria Geral
[Nanofoundations of macroeconomics: Keynes and the institutional elements in the General Theory]
AbstractChapter 12 of Keynes´ General Theory has concepts and analytical links with strong identification with the ones used by the so-called institutional approaches. This essay emphasises what seems to have been anticipated by Keynes on the research core of institutional economics, mainly based on his behavioural assumptions.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 5017.
Date of creation: 01 Jul 2006
Date of revision: 01 Dec 2006
Publication status: Published in Revista de Economia 32.2(2006): pp. 63-80
Keynes; keynesianismo; comportamento dos agentes; instituições; institucionalismo;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- B52 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - Current Heterodox Approaches - - - Institutional; Evolutionary
- B25 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought since 1925 - - - Historical; Institutional; Evolutionary; Austrian
- B31 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought: Individuals - - - Individuals
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2007-10-06 (All new papers)
- NEP-HPE-2007-10-06 (History & Philosophy of Economics)
- NEP-PKE-2007-10-06 (Post Keynesian Economics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hyman P. Minsky, 1996.
"Uncertainty and the Institutional Structure of Capitalist Economies,"
Economics Working Paper Archive
wp_155, Levy Economics Institute.
- Hyman P. Minsky, 1998. "Uncertainty and the Institutional Structure of Capitalist Economies," Macroeconomics 9809015, EconWPA.
- Fernando Ferrari Filho & Octavio Augusto Camargo Conceição, 2001. "A Noção de Incerteza nos Pós-Keynesianos e Institucionalistas: uma Conciliação Possível?," Anais do XXIX Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 29th Brazilian Economics Meeting] 001, ANPEC - Associação Nacional dos Centros de Pósgraduação em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
- David Dequech, 1999. "Expectations and Confidence under Uncertainty," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 21(3), pages 415-430, April.
- Stigler, George J & Becker, Gary S, 1977. "De Gustibus Non Est Disputandum," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 67(2), pages 76-90, March.
- Amos Tversky & Daniel Kahneman, 1979.
"Prospect Theory: An Analysis of Decision under Risk,"
Levine's Working Paper Archive
7656, David K. Levine.
- Kahneman, Daniel & Tversky, Amos, 1979. "Prospect Theory: An Analysis of Decision under Risk," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 47(2), pages 263-91, March.
- Twomey, Paul, 1998. "Reviving Veblenian Economic Psychology," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 22(4), pages 433-48, July.
- Denzau, Arthur T & North, Douglass C, 1994.
"Shared Mental Models: Ideologies and Institutions,"
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 47(1), pages 3-31.
- Hodgson, Geoffrey M., 2004. "Reclaiming habit for institutional economics," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 25(5), pages 651-660, October.
- Matthias Klaes & Esther-Mirjam Sent, 2005. "A Conceptual History of the Emergence of Bounded Rationality," History of Political Economy, Duke University Press, vol. 37(1), pages 27-59, Spring.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.