Review of Huerta de Soto´s `Money, Bank Credit, and Economic Cycles´
AbstractThis article reviews the first English edition of Prof. Jesús Huerta de Soto´s book `Dinero, Crédito Bancario y Ciclos Económicos´ which first appeared in Spain in 1998.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 49.
Date of creation: 02 Oct 2006
Date of revision:
Publication status: Forthcoming in New Perspectives on Political Economy 2.2(2006): pp. 135-141
Business Cycle Theory; Law and Economics of Money and Banking; Austrian school; new institutional economics; financial markets; history of money; credit and banking; deregulation of financial institutions; economics of transition;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- E32 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Business Fluctuations; Cycles
- B53 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - Current Heterodox Approaches - - - Austrian
- P34 - Economic Systems - - Socialist Institutions and Their Transitions - - - Finance
- N23 - Economic History - - Financial Markets and Institutions - - - Europe: Pre-1913
- G18 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Government Policy and Regulation
- N24 - Economic History - - Financial Markets and Institutions - - - Europe: 1913-
- E5 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit
- K39 - Law and Economics - - Other Substantive Areas of Law - - - Other
- E00 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - General - - - General
- E42 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Monetary Sytsems; Standards; Regimes; Government and the Monetary System
- G0 - Financial Economics - - General
- K0 - Law and Economics - - General
- P3 - Economic Systems - - Socialist Institutions and Their Transitions
- N2 - Economic History - - Financial Markets and Institutions
- H11 - Public Economics - - Structure and Scope of Government - - - Structure and Scope of Government
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2006-10-14 (All new papers)
- NEP-BAN-2006-10-14 (Banking)
- NEP-FIN-2006-10-14 (Finance)
- NEP-FMK-2006-10-14 (Financial Markets)
- NEP-HPE-2006-10-14 (History & Philosophy of Economics)
- NEP-MAC-2006-10-14 (Macroeconomics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Witt, Ulrich, 1997. "The Hayekian Puzzle: Spontaneous Order and the Business Cycle," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 44(1), pages 44-58, February.
- Yeager, Leland B, 2001. " The Perils of Base Money," The Review of Austrian Economics, Springer, vol. 14(4), pages 251-66, December.
- van den Hauwe, Ludwig, 2006. "The Uneasy Case for Fractional-Reserve Free Banking," MPRA Paper 120, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.