Migration, Diaspora et développement humain
[Migration, Diaspora and Human Development]
AbstractThis contribution aims to provide some understanding of migration issues in the case of Morocco. This is to recall the various initiatives taken by the Moroccan authorities to strengthen ties between Morocco and migrants. An analysis of the evolution of remittances and their impact on the economy is proposed. Similarly, we address the problem of migration of highly skilled labor in the Moroccan case.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 37014.
Date of creation: Jan 2006
Date of revision:
Migration; Diaspora; remittances;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- J61 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Geographic Labor Mobility; Immigrant Workers
- C01 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - General - - - Econometrics
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Stark, Oded & Wang, Yong, 2001.
"Inducing Human Capital Formation: Migration as a Substitute for Subsidies,"
Economics Series, Institute for Advanced Studies
100, Institute for Advanced Studies.
- Stark, Oded & Wang, Yong, 2002. "Inducing human capital formation: migration as a substitute for subsidies," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 86(1), pages 29-46, October.
- Stark, Oded & Helmenstein, Christian & Prskawetz, Alexia, 1997.
"A Brain Gain with a Brain Drain,"
Economics Series, Institute for Advanced Studies
45, Institute for Advanced Studies.
- Chennouf, Soheïl & Lévy-Garboua, Louis & Montmarquette, Claude, 1997. "Les effets de l’appartenance à un groupe de travail sur les salaires individuels," L'Actualité Economique, Société Canadienne de Science Economique, Société Canadienne de Science Economique, vol. 73(1), pages 207-232, mars-juin.
- Paul M Romer, 1999.
"Increasing Returns and Long-Run Growth,"
Levine's Working Paper Archive
2232, David K. Levine.
- Romer, Paul M, 1986. "Increasing Returns and Long-run Growth," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, University of Chicago Press, vol. 94(5), pages 1002-37, October.
- Lien, Da-Hsiang Donald, 1993. "Asymmetric Information and the Brain Drain," Journal of Population Economics, Springer, Springer, vol. 6(2), pages 169-80, May.
- Bouoiyour, jamal, 2003.
"Système National d’Innovation au Maroc
[National Innovation System In Morocco]," MPRA Paper 29303, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- James E. Rauch & Vitor Trindade, 2002.
"Ethnic Chinese Networks In International Trade,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 84(1), pages 116-130, February.
- Miyagiwa, K., 1989.
"Scale Economics In Education And The Brain Drain Problem,"
Working Papers, University of Washington, Department of Economics
89-09, University of Washington, Department of Economics.
- Miyagiwa, Kaz, 1991. "Scale Economies in Education and the Brain Drain Problem," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 32(3), pages 743-59, August.
- Miyagiwa, K., 1989. "Scale Economics In Education And The Brain Drain Problem," Discussion Papers in Economics at the University of Washington, Department of Economics at the University of Washington 89-09, Department of Economics at the University of Washington.
- Benhabib, Jess & Spiegel, Mark M., 1994. "The role of human capital in economic development evidence from aggregate cross-country data," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 143-173, October.
- Bouoiyour, Jamal & Toufik, Said, 2003.
"Productivité des industries manufacturières marocaines et investissements directs étrangers
[Productivity in Moroccan manufacturing and foreign direct investment]," MPRA Paper 38097, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Nancy H. Chau & Oded Stark, 1998.
"Human Capital Formation, Asymmetric Information, and the Dynamics of International Migration,"
Departmental Working Papers, Chinese University of Hong Kong, Department of Economics
_095, Chinese University of Hong Kong, Department of Economics.
- Stark, Oded & Chau, Nancy H., 1998. "Human Capital Formation, Asymmetric Information, and the Dynamics of International Migration," Economics Series, Institute for Advanced Studies 52, Institute for Advanced Studies.
- Nordman, C., 2000. "La formation sur le tas par diffusion du savoir : estimations sur donnees marocaines, mauriciennes et tunisiennes," Papiers d'Economie MathÃÂ©matique et Applications, UniversitÃÂ© PanthÃÂ©on-Sorbonne (Paris 1) 2000.111, UniversitÃ© PanthÃ©on-Sorbonne (Paris 1).
- World Bank, 2006. "Fostering Higher Growth and Employment in the Kingdom of Morocco," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 7114, August.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.