Estrutura produtiva do Pará: Uma análise de insumo-produto
[Production structure of Para: An Analysis of input-output]
AbstractThe research has as main objective to carry out a structural analysis of the economy of Pará, filling a gap in research on the region. The analysis, which includes the relations of the state of Para with the rest of the country, was enabled by the construction of input-output matrix of the reference year, 2004. The results showed that there is high dependence of production on the state of Para in goods and services for intermediate consumption for the rest of the country generating a high overflow of the multiplier effect of employment, production and value added, which indicates the need to stimulate local industry of goods and services of intermediate consumption. The sectors with the highest production values of the multiplier in Pará are Livestock and fishing, Food and beverages, Items of clothing and accessories and leather goods and footwear. Sectors of agribusiness, tourism and education have a high capacity to generate jobs, such as Agriculture, Forestry and logging, Livestock and fishing, Articles of apparel and accessories, Lodging and food services, Other services and Public education. Products exported to the rest of the country and abroad have low value, indicating a need for investment in the agribusiness sector. The sectors that showed the largest multiplier value added are Public education, Public administration and social security, Education and Other services market, but they also have a high spillover effect. Investment in public education produces high returns on employment generation and value added.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 30732.
Date of creation: 2009
Date of revision:
Pará; Insumo-Produto; Economia Regional;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- R15 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Econometric and Input-Output Models; Other Methods
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Guilhoto, J. J. M. & Sesso Filho, U. A., 2005.
"Estimação da Matriz Insumo-Produto a Partir De Dados Preliminares das Contas Nacionais
[Estimation of input-output matrix using preliminary data from national accounts]," MPRA Paper 38212, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ichihara, Silvio Massaru & Guilhoto, Joaquim José Martins & Imori, Denise, 2009. "Combining geoprocessing and interregional input-output systems: An application to the State of São Paulo in Brazil," MPRA Paper 30696, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Rodrigues, Rossana Lott & Moretto, Antonio Carlos & Sesso Filho, Umberto Antonio & Guilhoto, Joaquim José Martins, 2008.
"Sistema inter-regional sul-restante do Brasil: composição do efeito multiplicador de produção e emprego
[Inter-regional system of the of south rest of Brazil: composition of production's and em," MPRA Paper 31408, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Imori, Denise & Guilhoto, Joaquim José Martins & David, Leticia Scretas & Gutierre, Leopoldo Millan & Waisman, Caio, 2011. "The development of the brazilian amazon region and greenhouse gases emission: a dilemma to be faced!," MPRA Paper 31132, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sesso Filho, Umberto Antonio & Moretto, Antonio Carlos & Rodrigues, Rossana Lott & Brene, P. R. A. & Guilhoto, Joaquim José Martins, 2010.
"Geração de renda e interdependência regional entre os estados do Sul e o restante do Brasil
[Income and regional interdependence among the southern states of Brazil and the rest of the country]," MPRA Paper 32162, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ichihara, Silvio Massaru & Guilhoto, Joaquim José Martins, 2008.
"O impacto do crescimento econômico sobre as rodovias de São Paulo: uma análise do modelo de isumo-poduto combinado com geoprocessamento
[The impact of economic growth on the highways in Sa Paulo," MPRA Paper 31403, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Imori, Denise & Guilhoto, Joaquim José Martins & David, Letícia Scretas & Gutierre, Leopoldo Millan & Waisman, Caio, 2011. "Regional development and greenhouse gases emission: the case of the Amazon Region," MPRA Paper 40606, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.