Comparação Entre O Agronegócio Familiar Do Rio Grande Do Sul E Do Brasil
[Comparing The Agribusiness For The State Of Rio Grande Do Sul And For Brazil As A Whole]
AbstractThis goal of this paper is to measure and to make an analysis of the level of the familiar agricultural agribusiness in the state of Rio Grande do Sul, and comparing it with the one for the Brazilian economy as a whole, for the period from 1995 to 2003. Using input-output models it was possible to estimate the importance of the Gross Domestic Product of the familiar agribusiness in the national economy. The results show that around 1/3 of the Brazilian agribusiness comes from the agricultural production done by the familiar agriculture, the numbers are even more stricken for the state of Rio Grande do Sul, where 1/2 of the agribusiness GDP comes from the familiar agriculture. It was also noticed that the recent development of the familiar agriculture and of its links has been very positive, suppressing, the growth rates found in the non-familiar segment.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 38040.
Date of creation: 2006
Date of revision:
Familiar Agribusiness; Gross Domestic Product; Rio Grande do Sul; Input-Output;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D57 - Microeconomics - - General Equilibrium and Disequilibrium - - - Input-Output Tables and Analysis
- Q13 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agricultural Markets and Marketing; Cooperatives; Agribusiness
- O13 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Agriculture; Natural Resources; Environment; Other Primary Products
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Guilhoto, J. J. M. & Sesso Filho, U. A., 2005.
"Estimação da Matriz Insumo-Produto a Partir De Dados Preliminares das Contas Nacionais
[Estimation of input-output matrix using preliminary data from national accounts]," MPRA Paper 38212, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Joaquim J. M. Guilhoto & Silvio M. Ichihara & Fernando Gaiger Silveira & Bernardo P. Campolina Diniz & Carlos R. Azzoni & Guilherme R. C. Moreira, 2007. "A Importância Da Agricultura Familiar No Brasil E Em Seus Estados," Anais do XXXV Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 35th Brazilian Economics Meeting] 089, ANPEC - Associação Nacional dos Centros de Pósgraduação em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.