Access, affordability, and alternatives: Modern infrastructure services in Africa
AbstractThis report reviews recent trends in household access to infrastructure services and associated budgetary expenditures in Africa. It is based on a pooled database that draws upon the entire body of household surveys conducted in sub-Saharan Africa in the last 15 years.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 27740.
Date of creation: Feb 2008
Date of revision:
Basic Infrastructure; Water; Electricity; sub-Saharan Africa;
Other versions of this item:
- Sudeshna Banerjee & Quentin Wodon & Amadou Diallo & Taras Pushak & Helal Uddin & Clarence Tsimpo & Vivien Foster, 2008. "Access, Affordability, and Alternatives : Modern Infrastructure Services in Africa," World Bank Other Operational Studies 12558, The World Bank.
- H54 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - Infrastructures
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Quentin Wodon & Amadou Bassirou Diallo, 2007. "Demographic Transition Towards Smaller Household Sizes and Basic Infrastructure Needs in Developing Countries," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 15(11), pages 1-11.
- Angel-Urdinola, Diego & Cosgrove-Davies, Malcolm & Wodon, Quentin, 2006. "Rwanda: Electricity Tariff Reform," MPRA Paper 9044, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:15:y:2007:i:11:p:1-11 is not listed on IDEAS
- Sudeshna Banerjee & Heather Skilling & Vivien Foster & Cecilia Briceno-Garmendia & Elvira Morella & Tarik Chfadi, 2008. "Africa - Ebbing Water, Surging Deficits : Urban Water Supply in Sub-Saharan Africa," World Bank Other Operational Studies 7835, The World Bank.
- Anton Eberhard & Vivien Foster & Cecilia Briceño-Garmendia & Fatimata Ouedraogo & Daniel Camos & Maria Shkaratan, 2008. "Underpowered : The State of the Power Sector in Sub-Saharan Africa," World Bank Other Operational Studies 7833, The World Bank.
- Dominguez-Torres, Carolina & Foster, Vivien, 2011. "The Central African Republic's infrastructure : a continental perspective," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5697, The World Bank.
- Vivien Foster & Cecilia Briceno-Garmendia, 2010. "Africa's Infrastructure : A Time for Transformation," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 2692.
- Kuikeu, Oscar, 2012.
"L'industrialisation par amélioration des infrastructures/technologies et attraction des investissements directs étrangers : cas de la zone franc
[infrastructure/technology, foreign direct investm," MPRA Paper 40072, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- World Bank, 2012. "Central African Republic Public Expenditure Review : Creating Fiscal Space to Transition Out of Fragility Through Growth and Poverty Reduction," World Bank Other Operational Studies 13239, The World Bank.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.