Africa's Infrastructure : A Time for Transformation
AbstractThis study is part of the Africa Infrastructure Country Diagnostic (AICD), a project designed to expand the world's knowledge of physical infrastructure in Africa. The AICD will provide a baseline against which future improvements in infrastructure services can be measured, making it possible to monitor the results achieved from donor support. It should also provide a more solid empirical foundation for prioritizing investments and designing policy reforms in the infrastructure sectors in Africa. The AICD is based on an unprecedented effort to collect detailed economic and technical data on the infrastructure sectors in Africa. The project has produced a series of original reports on public expenditure, spending needs, and sector performance in each of the main infrastructure sectors, including energy, information and communication technologies, irrigation, transport, and water and sanitation. The first phase of the AICD focused on 24 countries that together account for 85 percent of the gross domestic product, population, and infrastructure aid flows of Sub-Saharan Africa. Under a second phase of the project, coverage is expanding to include as many of the additional African countries as possible.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoThis book is provided by The World Bank in its series World Bank Publications with number 2692 and published in 2010.
Public Sector Economics Infrastructure Economics and Finance - Infrastructure Economics Finance and Financial Sector Development - Banks & Banking Reform Communities and Human Settlements - Urban Slums Upgrading Transport Economics Policy and Planning Public Sector Development Transport;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Sudeshna Banerjee & Quentin Wodon & Amadou Diallo & Taras Pushak & Helal Uddin & Clarence Tsimpo & Vivien Foster, 2008.
"Access, Affordability, and Alternatives : Modern Infrastructure Services in Africa,"
World Bank Other Operational Studies
12558, The World Bank.
- Banerjee, Sudeshna & Wodon, Quentin & Diallo, Amadou & Pushak, Taras & Uddin, Elal & Tsimpo, Clarence & Foster, Vivien, 2008. "Access, affordability, and alternatives: Modern infrastructure services in Africa," MPRA Paper 27740, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kwasi Fosu, Augustin & Getachew, Yoseph Yilma & Ziesemer, Thomas, 2011.
"Optimal public investment, growth, and consumption: Evidence from African countries,"
MERIT Working Papers
051, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Augustin Kwasi Fosu & Yoseph Yilma Getachew & Thomas Ziesemer, 2012. "Optimal public investment, growth and consumption: evidence from African countries," Brooks World Poverty Institute Working Paper Series 16412, BWPI, The University of Manchester.
- Kwasi Fosu, Augustin & Getachew, Yoseph Yilma & Ziesemer, Thomas, 2011. "Optimal public investment, growth, and consumption: Evidence from African countries," UNU-MERIT Working Paper Series 051, United Nations University, Maastricht Economic and social Research and training centre on Innovation and Technology.
- Augustin Kwasi Fosu & Yoseph Yilma Getachew & Thomas Ziesemer, 2011. "Optimal public investment, growth, and consumption: Evidence from African countries," CSAE Working Paper Series 2011-22, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- Augustin Kwasi Fosu, 2011. "Optimal public investment, growth, and consumption: Evidence from African countries," Economics Series Working Papers WPS/2011-22, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Augustin Kwasi Fosu & Yoseph Yilma Getachew & Thomas Ziesemer, 2012. "Optimal Public Investment, Growth, and Consumption: Evidence from African Countries," Working Papers 2012_03, Durham University Business School.
- Riham Shendy & Zachary Kaplan & Peter Mousley, 2011. "Toward Better Infrastructure : Conditions, Constraints, and Opportunities in Financing Public-Private Partnerships in Select African Countries," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 2331, March.
- World Bank, 2012. "World Development Report 2013 : Jobs," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 11843, March.
- Elodie Blanc & Eric Strobl, 2013.
"Is small better? A comparison of the effect of large and small dams on cropland productivity in South Africa,"
2013-010, Department of Research, Ipag Business School.
- Blanc, Elodie & Strobl, Eric, 2013. "Is small better ? a comparison of the effect of large and small dams on cropland productivity in South Africa," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6567, The World Bank.
- Rao, Narasimha D., 2013. "Does (better) electricity supply increase household enterprise income in India?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 532-541.
- World Bank, 2012. "Addressing the Electricity Access Gap," World Bank Other Operational Studies 12530, The World Bank.
- Storeygard, Adam, 2013. "Farther on down the road : transport costs, trade and urban growth in Sub-Saharan Africa," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6444, The World Bank.
- Dethier, Jean-Jacques & Effenberger, Alexandra, 2012.
"Agriculture and development: A brief review of the literature,"
Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 175-205.
- Dethier, Jean-Jacques & Effenberger, Alexandra, 2011. "Agriculture and development : a brief review of the literature," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5553, The World Bank.
- Thorsten Beck & Samuel Munzele Maimbo & Issa Faye & Thouraya Triki, 2011.
"Financing Africa : Through the Crisis and Beyond,"
World Bank Publications,
The World Bank, number 2355, March.
- Bain, Robert & Luyendijk, Rolf & Bartram, Jamie, 2013. "Universal access to drinking water: the role of aid," Working Paper Series UNU-WIDER Research Paper , World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- World Bank, 2012. "Liberia : Strategic Policy Options for Medium Term Growth and Development," World Bank Other Operational Studies 12608, The World Bank.
- James Leigland, 2010. "PPI in Poor Countries : How to Increase Private Participation in Infrastructure Management and Investment," World Bank Other Operational Studies 10510, The World Bank.
- Zachary A. Kaplan & Peter Kyle & Chris Shugart & Alan Moody, 2012. "Developing Public-Private Partnerships in Liberia," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 2244, March.
- Vithayasrichareon, Peerapat & MacGill, Iain F. & Nakawiro, Thanawat, 2012. "Assessing the sustainability challenges for electricity industries in ASEAN newly industrialising countries," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 2217-2233.
- Lin, Justin Yifu, 2013. "Global infrastructure initiative and global recovery," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 400-411.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Breineder).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.