Investing in infrastructure : what is needed from 2000 to 2010?
AbstractThe authors estimate demand for infrastructure services over the first decade of the new millennium based on a model that relates demand for infrastructure with the structural change and growth in income the world is expected to undergo between now and 2010. It should be noted that predictions are based on estimated demand rather than on any absolute measure of"need"such as those developed in the Millenium Development Goals. The authors also provide estimates of associated investment and maintenance expenditures and predict total required resource flows to satisfy new demand while maintaining service for existing infrastructure.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by The World Bank in its series Policy Research Working Paper Series with number 3102.
Date of creation: 31 Jul 2003
Date of revision:
Environmental Economics&Policies; Economic Theory&Research; Public Sector Economics&Finance; Decentralization; Urban Services to the Poor; Environmental Economics&Policies; Economic Theory&Research; Public Sector Economics&Finance; Urban Services to the Poor; Urban Services to the Poor;
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2004-08-16 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Aschauer, David Alan, 1989.
"Is public expenditure productive?,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 177-200, March.
- Easterly, William & Rebelo, Sergio, 1993.
"Fiscal policy and economic growth: An empirical investigation,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 417-458, December.
- William Easterly & Sergio Rebelo, 1994. "Fiscal Policy and Economic Growth: An Empirical Investigation," NBER Working Papers 4499, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Easterly, William & Rebelo, Sérgio, 1994. "Fiscal Policy and Economic Growth: An Empirical Investigation," CEPR Discussion Papers 885, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Dethier, Jean-Jacques & Moore, Alexander, 2012. "Infrastructure in developing countries: An overview of some economic issues," Discussion Papers 123305, University of Bonn, Center for Development Research (ZEF).
- Jean-Charles Hourcade & P.-R. Shukla & Sandrine Mathy, 2005. "Cutting the Climate-Development Gordian Knot - Economic options in a politically constrained world," Working Papers hal-00866572, HAL.
- Antonio Estache & A. Iimi, 2008.
"Procurement Efficiency for Infrastructure Development and Financial Needs Reassessed,"
Working Papers ECARES
2008_022, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Estache, Antonio & Iimi, Atsushi, 2008. "Procurement efficiency for infrastructure development and financial needs reassessed," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4662, The World Bank.
- Paul A. Acquah, 2008. "Securing International Finance: Issues of Debt Management, Prospects and Modalities," Papers Presented at Africa Meetings of the Emerging Markets Forum 2008acquah, Emerging Markets Forum.
- Jean-Charles Hourcade & P.R. Shukla & Sandrine Mathy, 2008.
"Cutting the Climate-Development Gordian Knot - Economic options in a politically constrained world,"
- Jean-Charles Hourcade & Sandrine Mathy & P. R. Shukla, 2005. "Cutting the Climate-Development Gordian Knot - Economic options in a politically constrained world," Post-Print halshs-00006358, HAL.
- Jean-Charles Hourcade & P.-R. Shukla & Sandrine Mathy, 2005. "Cutting the Climate-Development Gordian Knot - Economic options in a politically constrained world," CIRED Working Papers hal-00866572, HAL.
- Schürenberg-Frosch, Hannah, 2011. "One model fits all? Determinants of transport costs across sectors and country groups," Center for European, Governance and Economic Development Research Discussion Papers 122, University of Goettingen, Department of Economics.
- Rosnes, Orvika & Vennemo, Haakon, 2012. "The cost of providing electricity to Africa," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(5), pages 1318-1328.
- Lin, Justin Yifu & Doemeland, Doerte, 2012.
"Beyond Keynesianism : global infrastructure investments in times of crisis,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
5940, The World Bank.
- Justin Yifu Lin & Doerte Doemeland, 2012. "Beyond Keynesianism: Global Infrastructure Investments In Times Of Crisis," Journal of International Commerce, Economics and Policy (JICEP), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 3(03), pages 1250015-1-1.
- Robin Carruthers, 2012. "Transport Infrastructure for MED11 Countries," CASE Network Reports 0108, CASE-Center for Social and Economic Research.
- Estache, Antonio & Iimi, Atsushi, 2009.
"(UN)Bundling infrastructure procurement : evidence from water supply and sewage projects,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
4854, The World Bank.
- Estache, Antonio & Iimi, Atsushi, 2011. "(Un)bundling infrastructure procurement: Evidence from water supply and sewage projects," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 104-114, June.
- Antonio Estache & A. Iimi, 2009. "(Un)Bundling Infrastructure Procurement: Evidence from Water Supply and Sewage Projects," Working Papers ECARES 2009_007, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Schürenberg-Frosch, Hannah, 2012. "Determinants of transport costs: Are they uniform across countries?," Economics Discussion Papers 2012-54, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
- Mahani Zainal Abidin, 2010. "Fiscal Policy Coordination in Asia : East Asian Infrastructure Investment Fund," Macroeconomics Working Papers 21870, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Hughes, Gordon & Chinowsky, Paul & Strzepek, Ken, 2010. "The costs of adaptation to climate change for water infrastructure in OECD countries," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 142-153, September.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roula I. Yazigi).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.