Branded Content: A new Model for driving Tourism via Film and Branding Strategies
AbstractBranded content is described as a fusion of advertising and entertainment into one marketing communications product that is integrated into an organisation’s overall brand strategy intended to be distributed as entertainment content with a highly branded quality. A history of product placement, branded entertainment, and film tourism is presented to identify the effective elements of each strategy in order to inform a more cohesive brand strategy for destinations. A branded content model is offered that will give destination marketing organisations a road map for better coordination, integration and measurement with their tourism, film, marketing communications and branding strategies.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 25419.
Date of creation: 14 Jul 2009
Date of revision: 28 Aug 2009
Publication status: Published in TOURISMOS: An International Multidisciplinary Refereed Journal of Tourism 3.4(2009): pp. 51-65
branded entertainment; film tourism; destination marketing;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- M3 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Marketing and Advertising
- M1 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Administration
- L83 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Sports; Gambling; Restaurants; Recreation; Tourism
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Russell, Cristel Antonia & Belch, Michael, 2005. "A Managerial Investigation into the Product Placement Industry," Journal of Advertising Research, Cambridge University Press, vol. 45(01), pages 73-92, March.
- Simon Hudson & David Hudson & John Peloza, 2008. "Meet the Parents: A Parents’ Perspective on Product Placement in Children’s Films," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 80(2), pages 289-304, June.
- Russell, Cristel Antonia, 2002. " Investigating the Effectiveness of Product Placements in Television Shows: The Role of Modality and Plot Connection Congruence on Brand Memory and Attitude," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, vol. 29(3), pages 306-18, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.