A Managerial Investigation into the Product Placement Industry
AbstractThis article reports the findings of a managerial investigation of key players in the product placement industry, including placement agents, clients, studios and production companies, and research organizations. The evolution of the product placement industry in North America is reviewed, perspectives on the role and objectives product placements serve in the marketing mix are discussed, and current means of assessing product placement efforts examined. The data provide insights on the relationship-driven industry where power, trust, and commitment play an important role. They also suggest recommendations for how participants should plan, use, and evaluate their placement efforts.This research was supported by a grant from the Marketing Science Institute.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Cambridge University Press in its journal Journal of Advertising Research.
Volume (Year): 45 (2005)
Issue (Month): 01 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: The Edinburgh Building, Shaftesbury Road, Cambridge CB2 2RU UK
Fax: +44 (0)1223 325150
Web page: http://journals.cambridge.org/jid_JARProvider-Email:email@example.com
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Etienne Bressoud & Jean-Marc Lehu, 2008. "Product placement in movies: questioning the effectiveness according to the spectator's viewing conditions," Post-Print halshs-00303667, HAL.
- Jean-Marc Lehu & Etienne Bressoud, 2007. "Viewers and brand placement in movies: new insights about viewers contribute to better understand the effectiveness of the technique," Post-Print halshs-00305723, HAL.
- Thomas, Sunil & Kohli, Chiranjeev S., 2011. "Can brand image move upwards after Sideways? A strategic approach to brand placements," Business Horizons, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 54(1), pages 41-49, January.
- Lehu, Jean-Marc & Bressoud, Etienne, 2008. "Effectiveness of brand placement: New insights about viewers," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 61(10), pages 1083-1090, October.
- Etienne Bressoud & Jean-Marc Lehu & Cristel Antonia Russell, 2008. "Integrating placement and audience characteristics to assess the recall of product placements in film: findings from a field study," Post-Print halshs-00303731, HAL.
- Horrigan, David, 2009. "Branded Content: A new Model for driving Tourism via Film and Branding Strategies," MPRA Paper 25419, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 28 Aug 2009.
- Frank, Bianca & Rennhak, Carsten, 2011. "Product Placement am Beispiel des Kinofilms Sex and the City: The Movie," Reutlingen Working Papers on Marketing & Management 2009-03, Reutlingen University, ESB Business School.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Keith Waters).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.