Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) and Stock market Development: Ghana Evidence
AbstractUsing multivariate cointegration and Innovation Accounting Methods, this paper examines the impact of Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) on stock market development in Ghana. The paper finds long-run relationship between FDI and stock market development in Ghana. Using impulse responses and Variance Decomposition from Vector Error Correction Model we find that shocks in FDI significantly influence the development of stock market in Ghana
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 11261.
Date of creation: Oct 2008
Date of revision:
Stock Market Development; Foreign Direct Investment and Market Capitalization;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F20 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - General
- C50 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - General
- G20 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - General
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2008-10-28 (Africa)
- NEP-ALL-2008-10-28 (All new papers)
- NEP-CFN-2008-10-28 (Corporate Finance)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Charles Komla Adjasi & Charles Amo Yartey, 2007. "Stock Market Development in Sub-Saharan Africa," IMF Working Papers 07/209, International Monetary Fund.
- Sims, Christopher A, 1980. "Macroeconomics and Reality," Econometrica, Econometric Society, Econometric Society, vol. 48(1), pages 1-48, January.
- Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Levine, Ross, 1995.
"Stock market development and financial intermediaries : stylized facts,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
1462, The World Bank.
- Demirguc-Kunt, Ash & Levine, Ross, 1996. "Stock Market Development and Financial Intermediaries: Stylized Facts," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, World Bank Group, vol. 10(2), pages 291-321, May.
- Pesaran, M. H. & Shin, Y., 1997.
"Generalised Impulse Response Analysis in Linear Multivariate Models,"
Cambridge Working Papers in Economics, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge
9710, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Pesaran, H. Hashem & Shin, Yongcheol, 1998. "Generalized impulse response analysis in linear multivariate models," Economics Letters, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 58(1), pages 17-29, January.
- Johansen, Soren & Juselius, Katarina, 1990. "Maximum Likelihood Estimation and Inference on Cointegration--With Applications to the Demand for Money," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 52(2), pages 169-210, May.
- World Bank, 2004. "World Development Indicators 2004," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 13890, August.
- Morris Goldstein & Mohsin S. Khan, 1976. "Large versus Small Price Changes and the Demand for Imports (Demande d'importation et modification forte ou faible des prix) (Grandes y pequeÃ±as variaciones de precios y la demanda de importaciÃ³," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 23(1), pages 200-225, March.
- Malik, Saif Ullah, 2013. "Role of Foreign Private Investment and Remittance in Stock Market Development: Study of South Asia," MPRA Paper 54530, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- M. Olufemi Saibu, 2012.
"An analysis of causal nexus between foreign direct investment, exchange rate and financial market development in Nigeria (1970 to 2009),"
African Journal of Economic and Sustainable Development,
Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 1(1), pages 95-102.
- SAIBU, Olufemi Muibi, 2012. "An analysis of causal nexus between foreign direct investment, exchange rate and financial market development in Nigeria (1970 to 2009)," MPRA Paper 42429, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.