Foreign Direct Investment and Stock market Development: Ghana’s Evidence
AbstractUsing multivariate cointegration and error correction model, this paper examines the impact of Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) on the stock market development in Ghana. Our results indicate that there exists a long-run relationship between FDI, nominal exchange rate and stock market development in Ghana. We find that a shock to FDI significantly influence the development of stock market in Ghana.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 11985.
Date of creation: 2008
Date of revision: 2008
Foreign Direct Investment and Stock market Development: Ghana’s Evidence;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F20 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - General
- C50 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - General
- A11 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics - - - Role of Economics; Role of Economists
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Valeriano F. García & Lin Liu, 1999. "Macroeconomic Determinants of Stock Market Development," Journal of Applied Economics, Universidad del CEMA, vol. 0, pages 29-59, May.
- James G. MacKinnon & Alfred A. Haug & Leo Michelis, 1996.
"Numerical Distribution Functions of Likelihood Ratio Tests for Cointegration,"
1996_07, York University, Department of Economics.
- MacKinnon, James G & Haug, Alfred A & Michelis, Leo, 1999. "Numerical Distribution Functions of Likelihood Ratio Tests for Cointegration," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 14(5), pages 563-77, Sept.-Oct.
- Mackinnon, J.G. & Haug, A.A. & Michelis, L., 1996. "Numerical Distribution Functions of Likelihood Ratio Tests for Cointegration," G.R.E.Q.A.M. 96a09, Universite Aix-Marseille III.
- Morris Goldstein & Mohsin S. Khan, 1976. "Large versus Small Price Changes and the Demand for Imports (Demande d'importation et modification forte ou faible des prix) (Grandes y pequeÃ±as variaciones de precios y la demanda de importaciÃ³," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 23(1), pages 200-225, March.
- Granger, Clive W J, 1986. "Developments in the Study of Cointegrated Economic Variables," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 48(3), pages 213-28, August.
- Pesaran, H. Hashem & Shin, Yongcheol, 1998.
"Generalized impulse response analysis in linear multivariate models,"
Elsevier, vol. 58(1), pages 17-29, January.
- Pesaran, M. H. & Shin, Y., 1997. "Generalised Impulse Response Analysis in Linear Multivariate Models," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 9710, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Charles Amo Yartey, 2008. "The Determinants of Stock Market Development in Emerging Economies," IMF Working Papers 08/32, International Monetary Fund.
- Demirguc-Kunt, Ash & Levine, Ross, 1996.
"Stock Market Development and Financial Intermediaries: Stylized Facts,"
World Bank Economic Review,
World Bank Group, vol. 10(2), pages 291-321, May.
- Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Levine, Ross, 1995. "Stock market development and financial intermediaries : stylized facts," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1462, The World Bank.
- Charles Komla Adjasi & Charles Amo Yartey, 2007. "Stock Market Development in Sub-Saharan Africa," IMF Working Papers 07/209, International Monetary Fund.
- Anita Radman Peša & Mejra Festić, 2012. "Testing the “EU Announcement Effect” on Stock Market Indices and Macroeconomic Variables in Croatia Between 2000 and 2010," Prague Economic Papers, University of Economics, Prague, vol. 2012(4), pages 450-469.
- Ahmed, Tehseen & Malik, Saif Ullah, 2012. "Determinants of Inflow of Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) into Pakistan," MPRA Paper 54737, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Raza, Syed Ali & Sabir, Muhammad Sarwar & Mehboob, Farhan, 2011. "Capital inflows and economic growth in Pakistan," MPRA Paper 36790, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Soumaré, Issouf & TCHANA TCHANA, Fulbert, 2011. "Causality between FDI and Financial Market Development: Evidence from Emerging Markets," MPRA Paper 31328, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Raza, Syed Ali & Jawaid, Syed Tehseen & Afshan, Sahar, 2013. "Is Stock Market Sensitive to Foreign Capital Inflows and Economic Growth? Evidence from Pakistan," MPRA Paper 48399, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Agbloyor, Elikplimi Komla & Abor, Joshua & Adjasi, Charles Komla Delali & Yawson, Alfred, 2013. "Exploring the causality links between financial markets and foreign direct investment in Africa," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 28(C), pages 118-134.
- Md. Al-Mamun, 2013. "The Effect of Macroeconomic & Market Specific Dynamics on Stock Market Development in Global Growth Generator Countries," Asian Economic and Financial Review, Asian Economic and Social Society, vol. 3(9), pages 1152-1169, September.
- Gudaro, Amna Muhammad & Chhapra, Imran Umer & Sheikh, Salman Ahmed, 2012. "Impact of foreign direct investment on economic growth: A case study of Pakistan," MPRA Paper 51069, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.