The impact of foreign players on international football performance
AbstractI investigate the impact of foreign players on international football performance of club teams and national teams in this paper. My empirical findings show that foreign players have a positive effect on club teams’ international performance. Howewer, foreign players don’t have any effect on performance of national teams.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 11064.
Date of creation: Oct 2008
Date of revision:
Football; Foreign players;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- L83 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Sports; Gambling; Recreation; Tourism
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-10-21 (All new papers)
- NEP-CWA-2008-10-21 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-SPO-2008-10-21 (Sports & Economics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Robert Hoffmann & Lee Chew Ging & Bala Ramasamy, 2002. "The Socio-Economic Determinants of International Soccer Performance," Journal of Applied Economics, Universidad del CEMA, vol. 0, pages 253-272, November.
- Robert Hoffmann & Lee Chew Ging & Victor Matheson & Bala Ramasamy, 2006. "International women's football and gender inequality," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 13(15), pages 999-1001.
- Goshunova, Anna, 2013. "The impact of human capital accounting on the efficiency of English professional football clubs," MPRA Paper 45721, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.