Historical Excellence' in Soccer World Cup Tournaments: Empirical Evidence with Data from 1930 to 2002
AbstractIntroduction – 1. Setting an empirical model to measure WorldCup soccer success – 2. Overview and discussion of the empiricalresults - 3. Summary of the results and some concluding remarks
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Centro di diritto e business dello Sport in its journal Rivista di Diritto ed Economia dello Sport.
Volume (Year): 2 (2006)
Issue (Month): 1 (Aprile)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.rdes.it/
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- L83 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Sports; Gambling; Restaurants; Recreation; Tourism
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:ner:leuven:urn:hdl:123456789/319674 is not listed on IDEAS
- Berlinschi, Ruxanda & Schokkaert, Jeroen & Swinnen, Johan, 2013.
"When drains and gains coincide: Migration and international football performance,"
Elsevier, vol. 21(C), pages 1-14.
- Ruxanda Berlinschi & Jeroen Schokkaert & Johan F.M. Swinnen, 2010. "When Drains and Gains Coincide: Migration and International Football Performance," LICOS Discussion Papers 26510, LICOS - Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance, KU Leuven.
- David A. Savage & Benno Torgler, 2012.
"Nerves of steel? Stress, work performance and elite athletes,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(19), pages 2423-2435, July.
- David A. Savage & Benno Torgler, 2009. "Nerves of Steel? Stress, Work Performance and Elite Athletes," School of Economics and Finance Discussion Papers and Working Papers Series 251, School of Economics and Finance, Queensland University of Technology, revised 24 Sep 2009.
- David A. Savage & Benno Torgler, 2009. "Nerves of Steel? Stress, Work Performance and Elite Athletes," CREMA Working Paper Series 2009-22, Center for Research in Economics, Management and the Arts (CREMA).
- Raul Caruso, 2009. "The Basic Economics of Match Fixing in Sport Tournaments," Economic Analysis and Policy (EAP), Queensland University of Technology (QUT), School of Economics and Finance, vol. 39(3), pages 355-377, December.
- repec:ner:leuven:urn:hdl:123456789/284208 is not listed on IDEAS
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Raul Caruso).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.