An Empirical Investigation of Purchasing Power Parity for a Transition Economy - Cambodia
AbstractThis study has found an empirical support of Purchasing Power Parity (PPP) theory for an East Asia transition economy – Cambodia. It is based on the results of cointegration among KHR/USD, Cambodia CPI, and world CPI over the monthly period May 2001-February 2009. This finding is useful for policy implications i.e. de-dollarization (and exchange rates) policy designs in Cambodia.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Monash University, Department of Economics in its series Monash Economics Working Papers with number 25-09.
Length: 6 pages
Date of creation: Aug 2009
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Department of Economics, Monash University, Victoria 3800, Australia
Web page: http://www.buseco.monash.edu.au/eco/
More information through EDIRC
Other versions of this item:
- Venus Khim-Sen Liew & Tuck Cheong Tang, 2010. "An empirical investigation of purchasing power parity for a transition economy - Cambodia," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 30(2), pages 1025-1031.
- F31 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Foreign Exchange
- F41 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - Open Economy Macroeconomics
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Chinn, Menzie David & Dooley, Michael P., 1999. "International monetary arrangements in the Asia-Pacific before and after," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(3), pages 361-384.
- Taylor, Alan M & Taylor, Mark P, 2004.
"The Purchasing Power Parity Debate,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
4495, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Sazanami, Yoko & Yoshimura, Seiji, 1999. "Restructuring East Asian exchange rate regimes," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(4), pages 509-523.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:6:y:2008:i:21:p:1-5 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jason Furman & Joseph E. Stiglitz, 1998. "Economic Crises: Evidence and Insights from East Asia," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 29(2), pages 1-136.
- Jean-François Hoarau, 2008. "Testing PPP for Central American real exchange rates. Evidence from new panel data stationary tests with structural breaks," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 6(21), pages 1-5.
- Hatemi-J, Abdulnasser, 2002.
"Fiscal policy in Sweden: effects of EMU criteria convergence,"
Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 121-136, January.
- Hatemi-J, Abdulnasser, 1999. "Fiscal Policy in Sweden: Effects of EMU Criteria Convergence," Working Papers 1999:5, Lund University, Department of Economics, revised Nov 1999.
- Mark Taylor, 2006. "Real exchange rates and Purchasing Power Parity: mean-reversion in economic thought," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(1-2), pages 1-17.
- Johansen, Soren, 1988. "Statistical analysis of cointegration vectors," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 12(2-3), pages 231-254.
- Kwiatkowski, D. & Phillips, P.C.B. & Schmidt, P., 1990.
"Testing the Null Hypothesis of Stationarity Against the Alternative of Unit Root : How Sure are we that Economic Time Series have a Unit Root?,"
8905, Michigan State - Econometrics and Economic Theory.
- Kwiatkowski, Denis & Phillips, Peter C. B. & Schmidt, Peter & Shin, Yongcheol, 1992. "Testing the null hypothesis of stationarity against the alternative of a unit root : How sure are we that economic time series have a unit root?," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 54(1-3), pages 159-178.
- Denis Kwiatkowski & Peter C.B. Phillips & Peter Schmidt, 1991. "Testing the Null Hypothesis of Stationarity Against the Alternative of a Unit Root: How Sure Are We That Economic Time Series Have a Unit Root?," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 979, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Olalekan Bashir Aworinde, 2014. "Are Bilateral Real Exchange Rates Stationary? Empirical Evidence from Nigeria," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 34(1), pages 271-286.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Simon Angus).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.