Report No. 54: Social Protection Rights of Economically Dependent Self-employed Workers
AbstractReport based on a study conducted for the European Parliament, Bonn 2013 (128 pages)
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA) in its series IZA Research Reports with number 54.
Date of creation: 06 Aug 2013
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: IZA, P.O. Box 7240, D-53072 Bonn, Germany
Phone: +49 228 3894 223
Fax: +49 228 3894 180
Web page: http://www.iza.org
Postal: IZA, Margard Ody, P.O. Box 7240, D-53072 Bonn, Germany
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- André van Stel & Roy Thurik & David Audretsch & Martin Carree, 2005.
"Does Self-Employment Reduce Unemployment?,"
Scales Research Reports
N200504, EIM Business and Policy Research.
- David B. Audretsch & Roy Thurik & Andre van Stel & M.A. Carree, 2006. "Does Self-Employment Reduce Unemployment?," Papers on Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy 2005-07, Max Planck Institute of Economics, Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy Group.
- Audretsch, David B & Carree, Martin A & Thurik, A R Roy & van Stel, A J, 2005. "Does Self-Employment Reduce Unemployment?," CEPR Discussion Papers 5057, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- André van Stel & Roy Thurik & David Audretsch & Martin Carree, 2007. "Does Self-Employment Reduce Unemployment?," Scales Research Reports H200709, EIM Business and Policy Research.
- Thurik, A. Roy & Carree, Martin A. & Stel, André van & Audretsch, David B., 2008. "Does self-employment reduce unemployment," Open Access publications from Maastricht University urn:nbn:nl:ui:27-23097, Maastricht University.
- A. Roy Thurik & Martin A. Carree & Andre van Stel & David B. Audretsch, 2007. "Does Self-Employment reduce Unemployment?," Jena Economic Research Papers 2007-089, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena, Max-Planck-Institute of Economics.
- Damian Grimshaw & Jill Rubery, 2005. "Inter-capital relations and the network organisation: redefining the work and employment nexus," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 29(6), pages 1027-1051, November.
- Berton Fabio & Pacelli Lia & Segre Giovanna, 2005. "Il lavoro parasubordinato in Italia: tra autonomia del lavoratore e precarietà del lavoro," Rivista italiana degli economisti, Società editrice il Mulino, issue 1, pages 57-100.
- Susanne Pernicka & Sabine Blaschke & Andreas Aust, 2007. "Gewerkschaftliche Revitalisierung durch die Organisierung Selbststaendiger? Deutsche und oesterreichische Gewerkschaften im Vergleich," Industrielle Beziehungen - Zeitschrift fuer Arbeit, Organisation und Management - The German Journal of Industrial Relations, Rainer Hampp Verlag, vol. 14(1), pages 30 - 54.
- Rodriguez, Eunice, 2002. "Marginal employment and health in Britain and Germany: does unstable employment predict health?," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 55(6), pages 963-979, September.
- Schuetze, Herb J., 2000.
"Taxes, economic conditions and recent trends in male self-employment: a Canada-US comparison,"
Elsevier, vol. 7(5), pages 507-544, September.
- Herb J. Schuetze, . "Taxes, Economic Conditions And Recent Trends in Male Self-Employment: A Canada-U.S. Comparison," Canadian International Labour Network Working Papers 11, McMaster University.
- Berndt Keller & Hartmut Seifert, 2005. "Atypical Employment and Flexicurity," management revue. Socio-economic Studies, Rainer Hampp Verlag, vol. 16(3), pages 304-323.
- Robert W. Fairlie & Bruce D. Meyer, 1996. "Ethnic and Racial Self-Employment Differences and Possible Explanations," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 31(4), pages 757-793.
- Gagliarducci, Stefano, 2005. "The dynamics of repeated temporary jobs," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 429-448, August.
- Gideon Kunda & Stephen R. Barley & James Evans, 2002. "Why do contractors contract? The experience of highly skilled technical professionals in a contingent labor market," Industrial and Labor Relations Review, ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 55(2), pages 234-261, January.
- Ulrike Muehlberger & Silvia Pasqua, 2006.
"Workers on the Border between Employment and Self-employment,"
ICER Working Papers
11-2006, ICER - International Centre for Economic Research.
- Ulrike Muehlberger & Silvia Pasqua, 2009. "Workers on the Border between Employment and Self-employment," Review of Social Economy, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 67(2), pages 201-228.
- Evans, David S & Jovanovic, Boyan, 1989. "An Estimated Model of Entrepreneurial Choice under Liquidity Constraints," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 97(4), pages 808-27, August.
- Karl Brenke, 2007. "Rasantes Wachstum der Zahl kreativ Tätiger in Berlin," DIW Wochenbericht, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research, vol. 74(31), pages 493-496.
- Evans, David S & Leighton, Linda S, 1989. "Some Empirical Aspects of Entrepreneurship," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 79(3), pages 519-35, June.
- Lombard, Karen V, 2001. "Female Self-Employment and Demand for Flexible, Nonstandard Work Schedules," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 39(2), pages 214-37, April.
- Blanchflower, David G & Oswald, Andrew J, 1998.
"What Makes an Entrepreneur?,"
Journal of Labor Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 16(1), pages 26-60, January.
- Andrew Henley, 2005. "Job Creation by the Self-employed: The Roles of Entrepreneurial and Financial Capital," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 25(2), pages 175-196, 09.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Fallak).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.