Report No. 42: Pension Systems in the EU – Contingent Liabilities and Assets in the Public and Private Sector
AbstractBased on a study conducted for the European Parliament, Bonn 2011 (144 pages)
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA) in its series IZA Research Reports with number 42.
Date of creation: 21 Dec 2011
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: IZA, P.O. Box 7240, D-53072 Bonn, Germany
Phone: +49 228 3894 223
Fax: +49 228 3894 180
Web page: http://www.iza.org
Postal: IZA, Margard Ody, P.O. Box 7240, D-53072 Bonn, Germany
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGE-2012-05-08 (Economics of Ageing)
- NEP-ALL-2012-05-08 (All new papers)
- NEP-EEC-2012-05-08 (European Economics)
- NEP-EUR-2012-05-08 (Microeconomic European Issues)
- NEP-LAB-2012-05-08 (Labour Economics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Sheetal K. Chand & Albert Jaeger, 1996. "Aging Populations and Public Pension Schemes," IMF Occasional Papers 147, International Monetary Fund.
- Alan L. Gustman & Thomas L. Steinmeier, 2004. "Minimum Hours Constraints, Job Requirements and Retirement," NBER Working Papers 10876, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- James Sefton & Justin vandeVen & Martin Weale, 2008. "Means Testing Retirement Benefits: fostering equity or discouraging savings?," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 118(528), pages 556-590, 04.
- Roman Rabb, 2009.
"Financial Incentives in the Austrian PAYG-Pension System: Micro-Estimation,"
International Center for Public Policy Working Paper Series, at AYSPS, GSU
paper0902, International Center for Public Policy, Andrew Young School of Policy Studies, Georgia State University.
- Roman Raab, 2011. "Financial incentives in the Austrian PAYG-pension system: micro-estimation," Empirica, Springer, vol. 38(2), pages 231-257, May.
- Roman Raab, 2009. "Financial Incentives in the Austrian PAYG-Pension System: Micro-Estimation," Working Papers 0144, National University of Ireland Galway, Department of Economics, revised 2009.
- Siegmann, Arjen, 2011.
"Minimum funding ratios for defined-benefit pension funds,"
Journal of Pension Economics and Finance,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 10(03), pages 417-434, July.
- Arjen Siegmann, 2008. "Minimum Funding Ratios for Defined-Benefit Pension Funds," DNB Working Papers 180, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Kemna, A.G.Z. & Ponds, E.H.M. & Steenbeek, O.W., 2012. "Pension funds in The Netherlands," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-5258235, Tilburg University.
- Erich Battistin & Agar Brugiavini & Enrico Rettore & Guglielmo Weber, 2008.
"The retirement consumption puzzle: evidence from a regression discontinuity approach,"
IFS Working Papers
W08/05, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Erich Battistin & Agar Brugiavini & Enrico Rettore & Guglielmo Weber, 2009. "The Retirement Consumption Puzzle: Evidence from a Regression Discontinuity Approach," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 99(5), pages 2209-26, December.
- Agar Brugiavini & Erich Battistin, & Enrico Rettore & Guglielmo Weber, 2007. "The Retirement Consumption Puzzle: Evidence from a Regression Discontinuity Approach," Working Papers 2007_27, Department of Economics, University of Venice "Ca' Foscari".
- Martin Werding, 2008. "Ageing and Productivity Growth: Are there Macro-level Cohort Effects of Human Capital?," CESifo Working Paper Series 2207, CESifo Group Munich.
- Giuseppe Carone, 2005.
"Long-Term Labour Force Projections for the 25 EU Member States:A set of data for assessing the economic impact of ageing,"
Labor and Demography
- Giuseppe Carone, 2005. "Long-term labour force projections for the 25 EU Member States: A set of data for assessing the economic impact of ageing," European Economy - Economic Papers 235, Directorate General Economic and Monetary Affairs (DG ECFIN), European Commission.
- Roel M. W. J. Beetsma & Xavier Debrun, 2004.
"Reconciling Stability and Growth: Smart Pacts and Structural Reforms,"
IMF Staff Papers,
Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 51(3), pages 431-456, November.
- Beetsma, Roel & Debrun, Xavier, 2003. "Reconciling Stability and Growth: Smart Pacts and Structural Reforms," CEPR Discussion Papers 3930, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Love, David & Smith, Paul A. & Wilcox, David, 2007.
"Why Do Firms Offer Risky Defined–Benefit Pension Plans?,"
National Tax Journal,
National Tax Association, vol. 60(3), pages 507-19, September.
- David A. Love & Paul A. Smith & David Wilcox, 2007. "Why do firms offer risky defined benefit pension plans?," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2007-36, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- David Love & Paul Smith & David Wilcox, 2007. "Why Do Firms Offer Risky Defined Benefit Pension Plans?," Department of Economics Working Papers 2007-04, Department of Economics, Williams College.
- Andrea Bassanini & Romain Duval, 2006.
"Employment Patterns in OECD Countries: Reassessing the Role of Policies and Institutions,"
OECD Social, Employment and Migration Working Papers
35, OECD Publishing.
- Andrea Bassanini & Romain Duval, 2006. "Employment Patterns in OECD Countries: Reassessing the Role of Policies and Institutions," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 486, OECD Publishing.
- Holzmann, Robert & Palacios, Robert & Zviniene, Asta, 2004. "Implicit pension debt: issues, measurement and scope in international perspective," Social Protection Discussion Papers 30153, The World Bank.
- Michael Hurd & Susann Rohwedder, 2008.
"The Retirement-Consumption Puzzle: Actual Spending Change in Panel Data,"
563, RAND Corporation Publications Department.
- Michael D. Hurd & Susann Rohwedder, 2008. "The Retirement Consumption Puzzle: Actual Spending Change in Panel Data," NBER Working Papers 13929, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Holzmann, Robert, 2000.
"Can investments in emerging markets help to solve the aging problem ?,"
Social Protection Discussion Papers
23070, The World Bank.
- Robert Holzmann, 2000. "Can Investments in Emerging Markets Help to Solve the Aging Problem?," CESifo Working Paper Series 304, CESifo Group Munich.
- Stephen Cecchetti & Madhusudan Mohanty & Fabrizio Zampolli, 2010. "The future of public debt: prospects and implications," BIS Working Papers 300, Bank for International Settlements.
- Scopelliti, Alessandro Diego, 2009. "Current Features and Future Problems of the Italian Pension System," MPRA Paper 20077, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Thomas Leoni, 2010. "What drives the perception of health and safety risks in the workplace? Evidence from European labour markets," Empirica, Springer, vol. 37(2), pages 165-195, May.
- Marx, Ive & Salanauskaite, Lina & Verbist, Gerlinde, 2013. "The Paradox of Redistribution Revisited: And That It May Rest in Peace?," IZA Discussion Papers 7414, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Borbála Szüle, 2013. "Savings and Implicit Debt in Pension Systems," Public Finance Quarterly, State Audit Office of Hungary, vol. 58(3), pages 334-348.
- Ive Marx & Lina Salanauskaite & Gerlinde Verbist, 2013. "GINI DP 82: The paradox of redistribution revisited: and that it may rest in peace?," GINI Discussion Papers 82, AIAS, Amsterdam Institute for Advanced Labour Studies.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Fallak).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.