How are Green National Accounts Produced in Practice?
AbstractDuring the last part of the twentieth century, the effect of human activity upon the environment became an important policy issue. There is now a growing concern about how economic activity affects the environment and it has become more and more recognised that economic growth is dependent upon the provision of environ-mental services. To be able to combine economic growth with a healthy environment in terms of a sustainable use of natural resources, a better understanding of the rela-tionships between economy and ecology needs to be developed.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by National Institute of Economic Research in its series Working Paper with number 105.
Length: 50 pages
Date of creation: 31 Oct 2008
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: National Institute of Economic Research, P.O. Box 3116, SE-103 62 Stockholm, Sweden
Phone: 46-(0)8-453 59 00
Fax: 46-(0)8-453 59 80
Web page: http://www.konj.se/
More information through EDIRC
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Pearce, David W. & Atkinson, Giles D., 1993. "Capital theory and the measurement of sustainable development: an indicator of "weak" sustainability," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 103-108, October.
- Smith, Robert, 2007. "Development of the SEEA 2003 and its implementation," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 61(4), pages 592-599, March.
- Pillarisetti, J.Ram, 2005. "The World Bank's 'genuine savings' measure and sustainability," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 55(4), pages 599-609, December.
- Dietz, Simon & Neumayer, Eric, 2007. "Weak and strong sustainability in the SEEA: Concepts and measurement," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 61(4), pages 617-626, March.
- Daly, Herman E., 1990. "Toward some operational principles of sustainable development," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 2(1), pages 1-6, April.
- John Hartwick, 1976.
"Intergenerational Equity and the Investing of Rents from Exhaustible Resources,"
220, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Hartwick, John M, 1977. "Intergenerational Equity and the Investing of Rents from Exhaustible Resources," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 67(5), pages 972-74, December.
- Charlotte Berg, 2007. "Household Transport Demand in a CGE-framework," Environmental & Resource Economics, European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 37(3), pages 573-597, July.
- Aaheim, Asbjorn & Nyborg, Karine, 1995. "On the Interpretation and Applicability of a "Green National Product."," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 41(1), pages 57-71, March.
- Johansson, Per-Olov & Lofgren, Karl-Gustaf, 1995. "Wealth from optimal health," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 65-79, May.
- Knut H. Alfsen & Mads Greaker, 2006.
"From natural resources and environmental accounting to construction of indicators for sustainable development,"
478, Research Department of Statistics Norway.
- Alfsen, Knut H. & Greaker, Mads, 2007. "From natural resources and environmental accounting to construction of indicators for sustainable development," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 61(4), pages 600-610, March.
- Hecht, Joy E., 2007. "National Environmental Accounting: A Practical Introduction," International Review of Environmental and Resource Economics, now publishers, vol. 1(1), pages 3-66, May.
- Geoffrey Heal & Bengt Kriström, 2003.
"National Income and the Environment,"
Working Paper Series
03/332, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Department of Forest Economics.
- Richard Ready & Ståle Navrud & Brett Day & Richard Dubourg & Fernando Machado & Susana Mourato & Frank Spanninks & Maria Rodriquez, 2004. "Benefit Transfer in Europe: How Reliable Are Transfers between Countries?," Environmental & Resource Economics, European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 29(1), pages 67-82, September.
- repec:ner:lselon:http://eprints.lse.ac.uk/3058/ is not listed on IDEAS
- Bartelmus, Peter & Vesper, André, 2000. "Green accounting and material flow analysis: Alternatives or complements?," Wuppertal Papers 106, Wuppertal Institute for Climate, Environment and Energy.
- Pezzey, John C V & Withagen, Cees A, 1998. " The Rise, Fall and Sustainability of Capital-Resource Economies," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 100(2), pages 513-27, June.
- Nilsson, Charlotta & Huhtala, Anni, 2000. "Is CO2 Trading Always Beneficial? A CGE-Model Analysis on Secondary Environmental Benefits," Working Paper 75, National Institute of Economic Research.
- Gren, Ing-Marie, 2003. "Monetary Green Accounting and Ecosystem Services," Working Paper 86, National Institute of Economic Research.
- Asheim, Geir B, 1994. " Net National Product as an Indicator of Sustainability," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 96(2), pages 257-65.
- Bartelmus, Peter, 1999. "Green accounting for a sustainable economy: Policy use and analysis of environmental accounts in the Philippines," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 155-170, April.
- Hanley, Nick & Moffatt, Ian & Faichney, Robin & Wilson, Mike, 1999. "Measuring sustainability: A time series of alternative indicators for Scotland," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 55-73, January.
- Boman, Mattias & Huhtala, Anni & Nilsson, Charlotte & Alroth, Sofia & Bostedt, Göran & Mattssson, Leif & Gong, Peichen, 2003. "Applying the Contingent Valuation Method in Resource Accounting: A Bold Proposal," Working Paper 85, National Institute of Economic Research.
- Samakovlis, Eva & Huhtala, Anni & Bellander, Tom & Svartengren, Magnus, 2005. "Valuing health effects of air pollution--Focus on concentration-response functions," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 58(2), pages 230-249, September.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Henrik Hellström).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.