National Income and the Environment
AbstractThere is a widespread recognition that we need to revise our methods of measuring national income to incorporate better the impact of economic activity on environmental assets. Our aim here is to investigate alternative concepts of national income in a dynamic economy, one a generalization of Hicksian income and the other a generalization of the welfare economics concept of income as the value of output at equilibirum prices.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Department of Forest Economics in its series Working Paper Series with number 03/332.
Date of creation: Mar 2003
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Department of Forest Economics, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, SE 901 83 Umeå, Sweden
Phone: 090-786 62 68
Fax: 090-786 60 73
Web page: http://www.sekon.slu.se
More information through EDIRC
Other versions of this item:
- Q20 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation - - - General
- E23 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Production
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Arby, Muhammad Farooq, 2008. "Some Issues in the National Income Accounts of Pakistan (Rebasing, Quarterly and Provincial Accounts and Growth Accounting)," MPRA Paper 32048, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Samakovlis, Eva, 2008. "How are Green National Accounts Produced in Practice?," Working Paper, National Institute of Economic Research 105, National Institute of Economic Research.
- Boyd, James & Banzhaf, H. Spencer, 2005.
"The Architecture and Measurement of an Ecosystem Services Index,"
Discussion Papers, Resources For the Future
dp-05-22, Resources For the Future.
- H. Spencer Banzhaf & James Boyd, 2012. "The Architecture and Measurement of an Ecosystem Services Index," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 4(4), pages 430-461, March.
- Chuan-Zhong Li & Karl-Gustaf Löfgren, 2012. "Genuine saving under stochastic growth," Letters in Spatial and Resource Sciences, Springer, Springer, vol. 5(3), pages 167-174, October.
- Berger, Mark C. & Blomquist, Glenn C. & Sabirianova Peter, Klara, 2008.
"Compensating differentials in emerging labor and housing markets: Estimates of quality of life in Russian cities,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 63(1), pages 25-55, January.
- Berger, Mark C. & Blomquist, Glenn C. & Peter, Klara Sabirianova, 2003. "Compensating Differentials in Emerging Labor and Housing Markets: Estimates of Quality of Life in Russian Cities," IZA Discussion Papers 900, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Lucas Bretschger & Simone Valente, 2011.
"International trade and net investment: theory and evidence,"
International Economics and Economic Policy, Springer,
Springer, vol. 8(2), pages 197-224, June.
- Lucas Bretschger & Simone Valente, 2011. "International Trade and Net Investment: Theory and Evidence," CER-ETH Economics working paper series 11/144, CER-ETH - Center of Economic Research (CER-ETH) at ETH Zurich.
- Goio, Ilaria & Gios, Geremia & Pollini, Claudio, 2008. "The development of forest accounting in the province of Trento (Italy)," Journal of Forest Economics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 177-196, June.
- Glenn-marie Lange, 2004. "Wealth, Natural Capital, and Sustainable Development: Contrasting Examples from Botswana and Namibia," Environmental & Resource Economics, European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 29(3), pages 257-283, November.
- Heal, Geoffrey, 2007. "Environmental accounting for ecosystems," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 61(4), pages 693-694, March.
- Lange, Glenn-Marie & Wright, Matthew, 2002. "Sustainable Development In Mineral Economies: The Example Of Botswana," Discussion Papers, University of Pretoria, Center for Environmental Economics and Policy in Africa 18019, University of Pretoria, Center for Environmental Economics and Policy in Africa.
- Azqueta, Diego & Sotelsek, Daniel, 2007. "Valuing nature: From environmental impacts to natural capital," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 63(1), pages 22-30, June.
- Heal, Geoffrey & Kristrom, Bengt, 2008. "A note on national income in a dynamic economy," Economics Letters, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 98(1), pages 2-8, January.
- Xepapadeas, Anastasios, 2005. "Economic growth and the environment," Handbook of Environmental Economics, Elsevier, in: K. G. Mäler & J. R. Vincent (ed.), Handbook of Environmental Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 23, pages 1219-1271 Elsevier.
- Gret-Regamey, Adrienne & Kytzia, Susanne, 2007. "Integrating the valuation of ecosystem services into the Input-Output economics of an Alpine region," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 63(4), pages 786-798, September.
- Partha Dasgupta, 2009. "The Welfare Economic Theory of Green National Accounts," Environmental & Resource Economics, European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 42(1), pages 3-38, January.
- Ahlroth, Sofia, 2000. "Correcting Net Domestic Product for Sulphur Dioxide and Nitrogen Oxide Emissions: Implementation of a Theoretical Model in Practice," Working Paper, National Institute of Economic Research 73, National Institute of Economic Research.
- Gren, Ing-Marie & Isacs, Lina, 2009. "Ecosystem services and regional development: An application to Sweden," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 68(10), pages 2549-2559, August.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Örjan Furtenback).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.