Conditional Cooperation and Social Group - Experimental results from Colombia
AbstractIn contrast to previous studies on cross-group comparisons of conditional cooperation, this study keeps cross- and within-country dimensions constant. The results reveal significantly different cooperation behavior between social groups in the same location.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics in its series Working Papers in Economics with number 372.
Length: 11 pages
Date of creation: 05 Aug 2009
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Department of Economics, School of Business, Economics and Law, University of Gothenburg, Box 640, SE 405 30 GÖTEBORG, Sweden
Phone: 031-773 10 00
Web page: http://www.handels.gu.se/econ/
More information through EDIRC
Conditional cooperation; experiment; public goods; social group;
Other versions of this item:
- Martinsson, Peter & Villegas-Palacio, Clara & Wollbrant, Conny, 2009. "Conditional Cooperation and Social Group: Experimental Results from Colombia," Discussion Papers dp-09-16-efd, Resources For the Future.
- C91 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Design of Experiments - - - Laboratory, Individual Behavior
- H41 - Public Economics - - Publicly Provided Goods - - - Public Goods
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-08-08 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBE-2009-08-08 (Cognitive & Behavioural Economics)
- NEP-EXP-2009-08-08 (Experimental Economics)
- NEP-LTV-2009-08-08 (Unemployment, Inequality & Poverty)
- NEP-PBE-2009-08-08 (Public Economics)
- NEP-SOC-2009-08-08 (Social Norms & Social Capital)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Eliana La Ferrara, .
"Inequality and Group Participation: Theory and Evidence from Rural Tanzania,"
161, IGIER (Innocenzo Gasparini Institute for Economic Research), Bocconi University.
- La Ferrara, Eliana, 2002. "Inequality and group participation: theory and evidence from rural Tanzania," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 85(2), pages 235-273, August.
- Eliana La Ferrara, 2000. "Inequality and Group Participation: Theory and Evidence from Rural Tanzania," Development Working Papers 138, Centro Studi Luca d\'Agliano, University of Milano.
- La Ferrara, Eliana, 2000. "Inequality And Group Participation: Theory And Evidence From Rural Tanzania," CEPR Discussion Papers 2433, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Urs Fischbacher & Simon Gaechter & Ernst Fehr, .
"Are People Conditionally Cooperative? Evidence from a Public Goods Experiment,"
IEW - Working Papers
016, Institute for Empirical Research in Economics - University of Zurich.
- Fischbacher, Urs & Gachter, Simon & Fehr, Ernst, 2001. "Are people conditionally cooperative? Evidence from a public goods experiment," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 71(3), pages 397-404, June.
- Benedikt Herrmann & Christian Thoeni, 2007.
"Measuring Conditional Cooperation: A Replication Study in Russia,"
2007-07, The Centre for Decision Research and Experimental Economics, School of Economics, University of Nottingham.
- Benedikt Herrmann & Christian Thöni, 2009. "Measuring conditional cooperation: a replication study in Russia," Experimental Economics, Springer, vol. 12(1), pages 87-92, March.
- Benedikt Herrmann & Christian Thoeni, 2007. "Measuring Conditional Cooperation: A Replication Study in Russia," Discussion Papers 2007-07, The Centre for Decision Research and Experimental Economics, School of Economics, University of Nottingham.
- Kocher, Martin G. & Martinsson, Peter & Visser, Martine, 2008.
"Does stake size matter for cooperation and punishment?,"
Elsevier, vol. 99(3), pages 508-511, June.
- Martin G. Kocher & Peter Martinsson & Martine Visser, 2006. "Does Stake Size matter for Cooperation and Punishment?," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 06-104/1, Tinbergen Institute.
- Kocher, Martin G. & Cherry, Todd & Kroll, Stephan & Netzer, Robert J. & Sutter, Matthias, 2008.
"Conditional cooperation on three continents,"
Elsevier, vol. 101(3), pages 175-178, December.
- Roberto Burlando & John Hey, .
"Do Anglo-Saxons Free-Ride More?,"
95/37, Department of Economics, University of York.
- Cárdenas, Juan-Camilo Cárdenas & Dreber, Anna Dreber & von Essen, Emma & Ranehill, Eva, 2011.
"Gender and Cooperation in Children: Experiments in Colombia and Sweden,"
Research Papers in Economics
2011:15, Stockholm University, Department of Economics, revised 12 Jun 2012.
- Cárdenas, Juan-Camilo & Dreber, Anna & von Essen, Emma & Ranehill, Eva, 2011. "Gender and Cooperation in Children: Experiments in Colombia and Sweden," Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 735, Stockholm School of Economics, revised 12 Jun 2012.
- Juan-Camilo Cárdenas & Anna Drebber & Emma von Essen & Eva Ranehill, 2012. "Gender and Cooperation in Children: Experiments in Colombia and Sweden," DOCUMENTOS CEDE 009800, UNIVERSIDAD DE LOS ANDES-CEDE.
- Adriana Bernal Escobar & Rafael Cuervo & Gonzalo Pinzón Trujillo & Jorge H. Maldonado., 2013. "Derretimiento y Retroceso Glaciar: Entendiendo la Percepción de los Hogares Agrícolas que se Enfrentan a los Desafíos del Cambio Climático," DOCUMENTOS CEDE 010679, UNIVERSIDAD DE LOS ANDES-CEDE.
- Bernal-Escobar, Adriana & Cuervo-Sánchez, Rafael & Pinzon-Trujillo, Gonzalo & Maldonado, Jorge H., 2013. "Glacier Melting and Retreat: Understanding the Perception of Agricultural Households That Face the Challenges of Climate Change," 2013 Annual Meeting, August 4-6, 2013, Washington, D.C. 149005, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Eva-Lena Neth).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.