And the loser is... Plurality Voting
AbstractThis paper reports on a vote for choosing the best voting rules that was organized among the participants of the Voting Procedures workshop in July, 2010. Among 18 voting rules, Approval Voting won the contest, and Plurality Voting received no support at all.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by HAL in its series Working Papers with number hal-00609810.
Date of creation: 20 Jul 2011
Date of revision:
Note: View the original document on HAL open archive server: http://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/hal-00609810/en/
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Simpson, Paul B, 1969. "On Defining Areas of Voter Choice: Professor Tullock on Stable Voting," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, MIT Press, vol. 83(3), pages 478-90, August.
- B. Dutta & J-F. Laslier, 1998.
"Comparison functions and choice correspondences,"
THEMA Working Papers
98-12, THEMA (THéorie Economique, Modélisation et Applications), Université de Cergy-Pontoise.
- Gilbert Laffond & Jean Lainé & Jean-François Laslier, 1996. "Composition-consistent tournament solutions and social choice functions," Social Choice and Welfare, Springer, Springer, vol. 13(1), pages 75-93, January.
- André Blais & Simon Labbé-St-Vincent & Jean-François Laslier & Nicolas Sauger & Karine Van Der Straeten, 2008. "Vote choice in one round and two round elections," Working Papers hal-00335060, HAL.
- Laffond G. & Laslier J. F. & Le Breton M., 1993. "The Bipartisan Set of a Tournament Game," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 5(1), pages 182-201, January.
- Gehrlein, William V & Lepelley, Dominique, 2003. " On Some Limitations of the Median Voting Rule," Public Choice, Springer, Springer, vol. 117(1-2), pages 177-90, October.
- Jean-François Laslier & Karine Van-Der-Straeten, 2003. "Election présidentielle : Une expérience pour un autre mode de scrutin," Working Papers hal-00242952, HAL.
- Jean-François Laslier, 2009. "A note on choosing the alternative with the best median evaluation," Working Papers hal-00397403, HAL.
- DHILLON, Amrita & MERTENS, Jean-François, 1993.
CORE Discussion Papers, UniversitÃ© catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE)
1993048, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- DHILLON, Amrita & MERTENS, Jean-François, . "Relative utilitarianism," CORE Discussion Papers RP, UniversitÃ© catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE) -1398, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- John Duggan, 2007. "A systematic approach to the construction of non-empty choice sets," Social Choice and Welfare, Springer, Springer, vol. 28(3), pages 491-506, April.
- Bassett, Gilbert W, Jr & Persky, Joseph, 1999. " Robust Voting," Public Choice, Springer, Springer, vol. 99(3-4), pages 299-310, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.