New Methods in the Classical Economics of Uncertainty: Comparing Risks
AbstractIn addition to showing the connection between parallel contingent and noncontingent risk comparison problems, we articulate a method for solving both kinds of problems using the "basis" approach. The basis approach has often been used implicitly, but we argue that there is value to making its use explicit, particularly in indicating which new, previously unsolved problems can readily be solved by the basis approach and which cannot.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Toulouse - GREMAQ in its series Papers with number 96.412.
Length: 20 pages
Date of creation: 1996
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: GREMAQ, Universite de Toulouse I Place Anatole France 31042 - Toulouse CEDEX France.
Fax: 05 61 22 55 63
Web page: http://www-gremaq.univ-tlse1.fr/
More information through EDIRC
ECONOMETRICS; UNCERTAINTY; RISK;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C10 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - General
- C19 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Other
- D80 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - General
- D81 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Criteria for Decision-Making under Risk and Uncertainty
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gollier, Christian, 2005.
"Optimal Illusions and Decisions under Risk,"
IDEI Working Papers
340, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Jouini, Elyès & Marin, Jean-Michel & Napp, Clotilde, 2010.
"Discounting and divergence of opinion,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 145(2), pages 830-859, March.
- Jordi Caballé & Joan Esteban, 2002.
"Stochastic dominance and absolute risk aversion,"
Economics Working Papers
643, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Jordi Caballé & Joan Esteban, 2003. "Stochastic Dominance and Absolute Risk Aversion," UFAE and IAE Working Papers 602.03, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
- Jordi Caballé & Joan Esteban, 2003. "Stochastic Dominance and Absolute Risk Aversion," Working Papers 9, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Jordi Caballe & Joan Ma. Esteban, 2002. "Stochastic Dominance and Absolute Risk Aversion," UFAE and IAE Working Papers 506.02, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
- Gollier, Christian, 1996. "Deductible insurance and production: A comment," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 55-59, December.
- Gollier, Christian & Schlesinger, Harris, 2002.
"Changes in risk and asset prices,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 49(4), pages 747-760, May.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.