Will a Common European Monetary Policy Have Asymmetric Effects?
AbstractWe survey the existing work on the cross-country differences in the transmission of European monetary policy. We find that prior work, focusing on macroeconomic data, does not clearly answer the question posed in the title and offer some explanations for the ambiguity.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Banca Italia - Servizio di Studi in its series Papers with number 384.
Length: 39 pages
Date of creation: 2000
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Banca d'Italia-Servizio Studi-Divisione Biblioteca e Pubblicazioni - Via N azionale, 91 -00184 Rome, Italy.
Web page: http://www.bancaditalia.it/
More information through EDIRC
MONETARY POLICY ; MACROECONOMICS ; BUSINESS CYCLES;
Other versions of this item:
- Luigi Guiso & Anil K. Kashyap & Fabio Panetta & Daniele Terlizze, 1999. "Will a common European monetary policy have asymmetric effects?," Economic Perspectives, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, issue Q IV, pages 56-75.
- Luigi Guiso & Anil K. Kashyap & Fabio Panetta & Daniele Terlizzese, 2000. "Will a Common European Monetary Policy Have Asymmetric Effects?," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 384, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- E52 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Monetary Policy
- E32 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Business Fluctuations; Cycles
- G32 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Financing Policy; Financial Risk and Risk Management; Capital and Ownership Structure; Value of Firms; Goodwill
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bernanke, Ben S. & Gertler, Mark & Gilchrist, Simon, 1999.
"The financial accelerator in a quantitative business cycle framework,"
Handbook of Macroeconomics,
in: J. B. Taylor & M. Woodford (ed.), Handbook of Macroeconomics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 21, pages 1341-1393
- Ben Bernanke & Mark Gertler & Simon Gilchrist, 1998. "The Financial Accelerator in a Quantitative Business Cycle Framework," NBER Working Papers 6455, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bernanke, B. & Gertler, M. & Gilchrist, S., 1998. "The Financial Accelerator in a Quantitative Business Cycle Framework," Working Papers 98-03, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- Guiso, L. & Jappelli, T. & Terlizzese, D., 1992.
"Why is Italy Saving Rate so High?,"
167, Banca Italia - Servizio di Studi.
- Mojon, Benoît & Smets, Frank & Vermeulen, Philip, 2001.
"Investment and monetary policy in the euro area,"
Working Paper Series
0078, European Central Bank.
- Gambacorta, Leonardo, 2003. "Asymmetric bank lending channels and ECB monetary policy," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 25-46, January.
- Ciccarelli, Matteo & Rebucci, Alessandro, 2006.
"Has the transmission mechanism of European monetary policy changed in the run-up to EMU?,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 50(3), pages 737-776, April.
- Ciccarelli, Matteo & Rebucci, Alessandro, 2004. "Has the Transmission Mechanism of European Monetary Policy Changed in the Run-Up to EMU?," CEPR Discussion Papers 4535, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Iacoviello, Matteo & Minetti, Raoul, 2008.
"The credit channel of monetary policy: Evidence from the housing market,"
Journal of Macroeconomics,
Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 69-96, March.
- Matteo Iacoviello & Raoul Minetti, 2002. "The Credit Channel of Monetary Policy: Evidence from the Housing Market," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 541, Boston College Department of Economics, revised 29 Aug 2003.
- Monteforte, Libero, 2007.
"Aggregation bias in macro models: Does it matter for the euro area?,"
Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 236-261, March.
- Libero Monteforte, 2004. "Aggregation bias in macro models: does it matter foir the euro area?," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 534, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Elbourne, Adam & de Haan, Jakob, 2006. "Financial structure and monetary policy transmission in transition countries," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 1-23, March.
- Brissimis, Sophocles N. & Skotida, Ifigeneia, 2008.
"Optimal monetary policy in the euro area in the presence of heterogeneity,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 209-226, March.
- Sophocles N. Brissimis & Ifigeneia Skotida, 2007. "Optimal Monetary Policy in the Euro Area in the Presence of Heterogeneity," Working Papers 62, Bank of Greece.
- Gambacorta, Leonardo, 2005. "Inside the bank lending channel," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 49(7), pages 1737-1759, October.
- Ray Barrell & Bettina Becker & Joseph P Byrne & Sylvia Gottschalk & Ian Hurst & Desirée van Welsum, 2003.
"Macroeconomic Policy in Europe: Experiments with monetary responses and fiscal impulses,"
NIESR Discussion Papers
218, National Institute of Economic and Social Research.
- Barrell, Ray & Becker, Bettina & Byrne, Joseph & Gottschalk, Sylvia & Hurst, Ian & van Welsum, Desiree, 2004. "Macroeconomic policy in Europe: experiments with monetary responses and fiscal impulses," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 21(5), pages 877-931, September.
- Buscher, Herbert S. & Stirböck, Claudia & Tykvová, Tereza & Westerheide, Peter, 2000. "Unterschiede im Transmissionsweg geldpolitischer Impulse: Eine Analyse für wichtige Exportländer Baden-Württembergs in der Europäischen Währungsunion," ZEW Dokumentationen 00-07, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Vermeulen, Philip, 2000.
"Business fixed investment: evidence of a financial accelerator in Europe,"
Working Paper Series
0037, European Central Bank.
- Vermeulen, Philip, 2002. " Business Fixed Investment: Evidence of a Financial Accelerator in Europe," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 64(3), pages 217-35, July.
- Iacoviello, Matteo, 2000. "House prices and the macroeconomy in Europe: Results from a structural var analysis," Working Paper Series 0018, European Central Bank.
- Ivo J. M. Arnold & Evert B. Vrugt, 2004. "Firm Size, Industry Mix and the Regional Transmission of Monetary Policy in Germany," German Economic Review, Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 5(1), pages 35-59, 02.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.