Primary School Teachers: The Twists and Turns of Everyday Practice
AbstractThe paper examines the role played by of classroom environment in the development of a teacher. The paper studies the concept of 'teacher development' in India. URL:[http://www.eruindia.org/files/Teacher%20booklet%20edited%20final%2028%20Oct%2008.pdf].
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by eSocialSciences in its series Working Papers with number id:4303.
Date of creation: Jul 2011
Date of revision:
Note: Institutional Papers
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.esocialsciences.org
primary teacher training; children; school; teacher development; India; professional development; teaching; Tamil Nadu; Kerala; west bengal; rajasthan; Maharashtra; teacher union leaders; education; teachers; work; formal policy; measures; promotions; local politicians;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Lewin, Keith M. & Stuart, Janet S., 2003. "Researching Teacher Education: New Perspectives on Practice, Performance, and Policy, Multi-Site Teacher Education Research Project (MUSTER), Synthesis Report," Education Research Papers 12882, Department for International Development (DFID) (UK).
- Kaushik Basu, 2006.
"Teacher Truancy in India: The Role of Culture, Norms and Economic Incentives,"
- Basu, Kaushik, 2006. "Teacher Truancy in India: The Role of Culture, Norms and Economic Incentives," Working Papers 06-03, Cornell University, Center for Analytic Economics.
- Francis Teal & Geeta Kingdon, 2005.
"Does performance related pay for teachers improve student performance? Some evidence from India,"
Economics Series Working Papers
GPRG-WPS-014, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Kingdon, Geeta Gandhi & Teal, Francis, 2007. "Does performance related pay for teachers improve student performance? Some evidence from India," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 26(4), pages 473-486, August.
- Geeta G. Kingdon & Francis Teal, 2002. "Does performance related pay for teachers improve student performance? Some evidence from India," CSAE Working Paper Series 2002-06, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- Geeta Kingdon & Francis Teal, 2004. "Does performance related pay for teachers improve student performance? Some evidence from India," Development and Comp Systems 0409009, EconWPA.
- Jean Dreze & Geeta Gandhi Kingdon, 1999.
"School Participation in Rural India,"
69, Centre for Development Economics, Delhi School of Economics.
- Jean Drèze & Geeta Gandhi Kingdon, 1999. "School Participation in Rural India," STICERD - Development Economics Papers - From 2008 this series has been superseded by Economic Organisation and Public Policy Discussion Papers 18, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Dyer, Caroline & Choksi, Archana & Awasty, Vinita & Iyer, Uma & Moyade, Renu & Nigam, Neerja & Purohit, Neetu & Shah, Swati & Sheth, Swati, 2004. "District Institutes of Education and Training: A Comparative Study in Three Indian States," Education Research Papers 12847, Department for International Development (DFID) (UK).
- Mehrotra, S. & Buckland, P., 1998. "Managing Teacher Costs for Access and Quality," Papers 98-004, California Los Angeles - Applied Econometrics.
- Dan D. Goldhaber & Dominic J. Brewer, 1997. "Why Don't Schools and Teachers Seem to Matter? Assessing the Impact of Unobservables on Educational Productivity," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 32(3), pages 505-523.
- Nazmul Chaudhury & Jeffrey Hammer & Michael Kremer & Karthik Muralidharan & F. Halsey Rogers, 2006. "Missing in Action: Teacher and Health Worker Absence in Developing Countries," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 20(1), pages 91-116, Winter.
- Michael Kremer & Nazmul Chaudhury & F. Halsey Rogers & Karthik Muralidharan & Jeffrey Hammer, 2005. "Teacher Absence in India: A Snapshot," Journal of the European Economic Association, MIT Press, vol. 3(2-3), pages 658-667, 04/05.
- Jean Dreze & Geeta Gandhi Kingdon, 1999. "School participation in rural India," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 6666, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Padma Prakash).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.