The ASEAN Services Sector and the Growth Rebalancing Model
AbstractThe growth rebalancing model, which places the nontradable services sector on center stage, is important to spur on faster growth in this sector and tap its potential to become another engine of growth for ASEAN economies. While ASEAN countries have allocated the bulk of their fiscal stimulus packages to infrastructure spending, the present levels are nevertheless considered insufficient to create a large impact on growth. By focusing on the provision of infrastructure and social services like power, ports, roads, and mass transit, along with health and education, governments can address the large investment backlogs in these sectors. [ADBI Working Paper 246]
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by eSocialSciences in its series Working Papers with number id:2922.
Date of creation: Sep 2010
Date of revision:
Note: Institutional Papers
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.esocialsciences.org
model; nontradable; services sector; center stage; ASEAN; fiscal; stimulus packages;
Other versions of this item:
- Aldaba, Rafaelita M. & Pasadilla, Gloria O., 2011. "The ASEAN Services Sector and the Growth Rebalancing Model," Discussion Papers DP 2011-01, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- Aldaba, Rafaelita M. & Pasadilla, Gloria O., 2010. "The ASEAN Services Sector and the Growth Rebalancing Model," ADBI Working Papers 246, Asian Development Bank Institute.
- F40 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - General
- L80 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - General
- L91 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - Transportation: General
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ana M. Fernandes, 2009.
"Structure and performance of the service sector in transition economies,"
The Economics of Transition,
The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 17(3), pages 467-501, 07.
- Fernandes, Ana M., 2007. "Structure and performance of the services sector in transition economies," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4357, The World Bank.
- Fink, Carsten & Mattoo, Aaditya & Neagu, Ileana Cristina, 2005.
"Assessing the impact of communication costs on international trade,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 67(2), pages 428-445, December.
- Fink, Carsten & Mattoo, Aaditya & Neagu, Ileana Cristina, 2002. "Assessing the impact of communication costs on international trade," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2929, The World Bank.
- Fink, Carsten & Mattoo, Aaditya & Rathindran, Randeep, 2002.
"An assessment of telecommunications reform in developing countries,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
2909, The World Bank.
- Fink, Carsten & Mattoo, Aaditya & Rathindran, Randeep, 2003. "An assessment of telecommunications reform in developing countries," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 15(4), pages 443-466, December.
- Ajitava Raychaudhuri & Prabir De, 2007. "Assessing Barriers to Trade in Education Services in Developing Asia - Pacific Countries:An Empirical Exercise," Working Papers 3407, Asia-Pacific Research and Training Network on Trade (ARTNeT), an initiative of UNESCAP and IDRC, Canada..
- Joseph Francois & Ian Wooton, 2010.
"Market Structure and Market Access,"
The World Economy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 33(7), pages 873-893, 07.
- Joseph F. Francois & Ian Wooton, 2007. "Market structure and market access," Economics working papers 2007-06, Department of Economics, Johannes Kepler University Linz, Austria.
- Francois, Joseph & Wooton, Ian, 2007. "Market structure and market access," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4151, The World Bank.
- Joseph Francois & Ian Wooton, 2008. "Market Structure and Market Access," CESifo Working Paper Series 2239, CESifo Group Munich.
- Park, Yung Chul, 2009. "The Global Economic Crisis and Rebalancing Growth in East Asia," ADBI Research Policy Briefs 31, Asian Development Bank Institute.
- Arunanondchai, Jutamas & Fink, Carsten, 2007. "Trade in health services in the ASEAN region," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4147, The World Bank.
- Hoekman, Bernard, 2006. "Liberalizing trade in services : a survey," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4030, The World Bank.
- Claire HOLLWEG & Marn-Heong WONG, 2009. "Measuring Regulatory Restrictions in Logistics Services," Working Papers d017, Economic Research Institute for ASEAN and East Asia (ERIA).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Padma Prakash).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.