The Global Economic Crisis and Rebalancing Growth in East Asia
AbstractAsia has staged an impressive turnaround in 2009, but it is unclear whether the recovery can be self sustaining even if the United States and Europe fail to pull themselves out of the current recession. This policy brief discusses the impact of the global financial crisis on emerging Asia and seeks to articulate the rationale behind the policy changes and reform necessary to return East Asia to the path of pre-crisis growth.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Asian Development Bank Institute in its series ADBI Research Policy Briefs with number 31.
Length: 12 pages
Date of creation: 15 Dec 2009
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Kasumigaseki Building 8F, 2-5, Kasumigaseki 3-chome, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 100-6008
Fax: (81-3) 3593-5571
Web page: http://www.adbi.org/
More information through EDIRC
financial crisis growth asia; emerging asia economic recovery; rebalancing growth east asia;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F00 - International Economics - - General - - - General
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-04-17 (All new papers)
- NEP-FDG-2010-04-17 (Financial Development & Growth)
- NEP-SEA-2010-04-17 (South East Asia)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Aldaba, Rafaelita M. & Pasadilla, Gloria O., 2011.
"The ASEAN Services Sector and the Growth Rebalancing Model,"
DP 2011-01, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- Rafaelita M. Aldaba & Gloria O. Pasadilla, 2010. "The ASEAN Services Sector and the Growth Rebalancing Model," Working Papers id:2922, eSocialSciences.
- Aldaba, Rafaelita M. & Pasadilla, Gloria O., 2010. "The ASEAN Services Sector and the Growth Rebalancing Model," ADBI Working Papers 246, Asian Development Bank Institute.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Robert Hugh Davis).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.