Food Security in South Asia: Issues and Opportunities
AbstractThe study aims to identify issues relating to food security, the policy initiatives taken to tackle these issues, evaluate these policies and suggest measures to overcome identified constraints in order to improve the food security situation in the region. [ICRIER WP No. 240].
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by eSocialSciences in its series Working Papers with number id:2205.
Date of creation: Sep 2009
Date of revision:
Note: Institutional Papers
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.esocialsciences.org
policies; South Asia; Food Security; Safety Nets; Food Bank; SAARC; south asia;
Other versions of this item:
- Surabhi Mittal & Deepti Sethi, 2009. "Food Security in South Asia : Issues and Opportunities," Development Economics Working Papers 22917, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Q18 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agricultural Policy; Food Policy
- O57 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Comparative Studies of Countries
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2009-09-26 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2009-09-26 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2009-09-26 (Development)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Parakrama Samaratunga & Kamal Marunagoda & Manoj Thibbotuwawa, 2007. "Mapping and analaysis of the South Asian agricultural trade liberalization efforts," STUDIES IN TRADE AND INVESTMENT, United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP), in: Studies in Trade and Investment - AGRICULTURAL TRADE - PLANTING THE SEEDS OF REGIONAL LIBERALIZATION IN ASIA, volume 60, pages 33-74 United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP).
- Iqbal, Muhammad & Amjad, Rashid, 2010. "Food security in South Asia: strategies and programmes for regional collaboration," MPRA Paper 38077, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Munir Ahmad & Umar Farooq, 2010. "The State of Food Security in Pakistan: Future Challenges and Coping Strategies," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 49(4), pages 903â923.
- Abid Hussain & Jayant Kumar Routray, 2012. "Status and factors of food security in Pakistan," International Journal of Development Issues, Emerald Group Publishing, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 11(2), pages 164-185, July.
- Asghar, Zahid, 2011. "Measuring Food Security for Pakistan Using 2007-08 HIES Data," MPRA Paper 34030, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Padma Prakash).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.