Axioms of Invariance for TU-games
AbstractWe introduce new axioms for the class of all TU-games with a fixed but arbitrary player set, which require either invariance of an allocation rule or invariance of the payoff assigned by an allocation rule to a specified subset of players in two related TU-games. Comparisons with other axioms are provided. These new axioms are used to characterize the Shapley value, the equal division rule, the equal surplus division rule and the Banzhaf value. The classical axioms of efficiency, anonymity, symmetry and additivity are not used.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by CRESE in its series Working Papers with number 2012-01.
Length: 20 pages
Date of creation: Sep 2012
Date of revision:
uniform addition invariance; uniform transfer invariance; Shapley value; equal division rule; equal surplus division rule; Banzhaf value;
Other versions of this item:
- C71 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory - - - Cooperative Games
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-11-17 (All new papers)
- NEP-GTH-2012-11-17 (Game Theory)
- NEP-MIC-2012-11-17 (Microeconomics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Yuan Ju & Peter Borm & Pieter Ruys, 2007.
"The consensus value: a new solution concept for cooperative games,"
Social Choice and Welfare,
Springer, vol. 28(4), pages 685-703, June.
- Ju, Y. & Borm, P.E.M. & Ruys, P.H.M., 2004. "The Consensus Value: A New Solution Concept for Cooperative Games," Discussion Paper 2004-50, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Ju, Y. & Borm, P.E.M. & Ruys, P.H.M., 2007. "The consensus value: A new solution concept for cooperative games," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-195202, Tilburg University.
- André Casajus, 2011. "Differential marginality, van den Brink fairness, and the Shapley value," Theory and Decision, Springer, vol. 71(2), pages 163-174, August.
- Samuelson, Paul A & Swamy, S, 1974. "Invariant Economic Index Numbers and Canonical Duality: Survey and Synthesis," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 64(4), pages 566-93, September.
- Kenneth J. Arrow, 1950. "A Difficulty in the Concept of Social Welfare," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 58, pages 328.
- Kamiya, Kazuya & Talman, Dolf, 2009. "Matching models with a conservation law: The existence and global structure of the set of stationary equilibria," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(5-6), pages 397-413, May.
- Kohlberg, Elon & Mertens, Jean-Francois, 1986.
"On the Strategic Stability of Equilibria,"
Econometric Society, vol. 54(5), pages 1003-37, September.
- E. Kohlberg & J.-F. Mertens, 1998. "On the Strategic Stability of Equilibria," Levine's Working Paper Archive 445, David K. Levine.
- KOHLBERG, Elon & MERTENS, Jean-François, . "On the strategic stability of equilibria," CORE Discussion Papers RP -716, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Futia, Carl A, 1982. "Invariant Distributions and the Limiting Behavior of Markovian Economic Models," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(2), pages 377-408, March.
- Nash, John, 1953. "Two-Person Cooperative Games," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 21(1), pages 128-140, April.
- repec:ner:louvai:info:hdl:2078.1/54777 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kemp, Gordon C. R., 2001.
"Invariance and the Wald test,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 104(2), pages 209-217, September.
- Chun, Youngsub, 1989. "A new axiomatization of the shapley value," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 1(2), pages 119-130, June.
- Gérard Hamiache, 2001. "Associated consistency and Shapley value," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer, vol. 30(2), pages 279-289.
- Willig, Robert D, 1977. "Risk Invariance and Ordinally Additive Utility Functions," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 45(3), pages 621-40, April.
- Theo Driessen, 2010. "Associated consistency and values for TU games," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer, vol. 39(3), pages 467-482, July.
- Carl Futia, 2010. "Invariant Distributions and the Limiting Behavior of Markovian Economic Models," Levine's Working Paper Archive 497, David K. Levine.
- Kamijo, Yoshio & Kongo, Takumi, 2012. "Whose deletion does not affect your payoff? The difference between the Shapley value, the egalitarian value, the solidarity value, and the Banzhaf value," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 216(3), pages 638-646.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Denis Jeanney).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.