A Decomposition of the Space of TU-games Using Addition and Transfer Invariance
AbstractIn Béal et al. (2013) two new axioms of invariance, called Addition invariance and Transfer invariance respectively, are introduced to design allocation rules for TU-games. Here, we derive direct sum decompositions of the linear space of TU-games by using the TU-games selected to construct the operations of Addition and Transfer. These decompositions allow us to recover previous characterization results obtained by Béal et al. (2013), to provide new characterizations of well-known (class of) of allocation rules and also to design new allocation rules.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by CRESE in its series Working Papers with number 2013-08.
Length: 18 pages
Date of creation: Oct 2013
Date of revision:
addition invariance; transfer invariance; direct-sum decomposition; allocation rules;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C71 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory - - - Cooperative Games
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Béal, Sylvain & Rémila, Eric & Solal, Philippe, 2012.
"Axioms of invariance for TU-games,"
41530, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ruiz, Luis M. & Valenciano, Federico & Zarzuelo, Jose M., 1998. "The Family of Least Square Values for Transferable Utility Games," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 24(1-2), pages 109-130, July.
- Ju, Y. & Borm, P.E.M. & Ruys, P.H.M., 2004.
"The Consensus Value: A New Solution Concept for Cooperative Games,"
2004-50, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Yuan Ju & Peter Borm & Pieter Ruys, 2007. "The consensus value: a new solution concept for cooperative games," Social Choice and Welfare, Springer, vol. 28(4), pages 685-703, June.
- Ju, Y. & Borm, P.E.M. & Ruys, P.H.M., 2007. "The consensus value: A new solution concept for cooperative games," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-195202, Tilburg University.
- Nowak, Andrzej S & Radzik, Tadeusz, 1994. "A Solidarity Value for n-Person Transferable Utility Games," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer, vol. 23(1), pages 43-48.
- Chun, Youngsub, 1989. "A new axiomatization of the shapley value," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 1(2), pages 119-130, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Denis Jeanney).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.