Associated consistency and Shapley value
AbstractIn this work, a new axiomatization of the Shapley is presented. An associated game is constructed. We define a sequence of games, when the term of order n, in this sequence, is the associated game of the term of order (n-1). We show that the sequence converges and that the limit game is inessential. The solution is obtained using the inessential game axiom, the associated consistency axiom and the continuity axiom. As a by-product, we note that neither the additivity nor the efficiency axioms are needed.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal International Journal of Game Theory.
Volume (Year): 30 (2001)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://link.springer.de/link/service/journals/00182/index.htm
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kongo, T. & Funaki, Y. & Tijs, S.H., 2007. "New Axiomatizations and an Implementation of the Shapley Value," Discussion Paper 2007-90, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Theo Driessen, 2010. "Associated consistency and values for TU games," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer, vol. 39(3), pages 467-482, July.
- Gérard Hamiache, 2012. "A Matrix Approach to TU Games with Coalition and Communication Structures," Social Choice and Welfare, Springer, vol. 38(1), pages 85-100, January.
- Conrado Manuel & Enrique Gonzalez-Aranguena & Rene van den Brink|, 2012.
"Players Indifferent to Cooperate and Characterizations of the Shapley Value,"
Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers
12-036/1, Tinbergen Institute.
- C. Manuel & E. González-Arangüena & R. Brink, 2013. "Players indifferent to cooperate and characterizations of the Shapley value," Computational Statistics, Springer, vol. 77(1), pages 1-14, February.
- repec:dgr:uvatin:2012105 is not listed on IDEAS
- Béal, Sylvain & Rémila, Eric & Solal, Philippe, 2012.
"Axioms of invariance for TU-games,"
41530, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Yan-An Hwang & Yu-Hsien Liao, 2010. "Consistency and dynamic approach of indexes," Social Choice and Welfare, Springer, vol. 34(4), pages 679-694, April.
- Genjiu Xu & Ren� van den Brink & Gerard van der Laan & Hao Sun, 2012. "Associated Consistency Characterization of Two Linear Values for TU Games by Matrix Approach," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 12-105/II, Tinbergen Institute.
- Casajus, André, 2014. "The Shapley value without efficiency and additivity," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 68(C), pages 1-4.
- repec:dgr:uvatin:2012036 is not listed on IDEAS
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.