On Nash equivalence classes of generic normal form games
AbstractWe introduce a procedure that uses basic topological characteristics of equilibrium correspondences of standard equilibrium concepts, to define broad equivalence classes of finite generic games in normal form. The proposed procedure is viewed as a potentially useful way of both organizing the underlying spaces of games as well as of comparing different equilibrium concepts with each other. The focus of the paper is mainly on equivalence classes induced by the Nash equilibrium concept. However, equivalence classes induced by the concepts of rationalizability, iterated dominance and correlated equilibrium are also considered.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE) in its series CORE Discussion Papers with number 1998033.
Date of creation: 01 May 1998
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Voie du Roman Pays 34, 1348 Louvain-la-Neuve (Belgium)
Fax: +32 10474304
Web page: http://www.uclouvain.be/core
More information through EDIRC
non-cooperative games; classiﬁcation and equivalence classes; geometry of equilibrium correspondences.;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C90 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Design of Experiments - - - General
- C92 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Design of Experiments - - - Laboratory, Group Behavior
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Carlsson, H. & Damme, E.E.C. van, 1993.
"Global games and equilibrium selection,"
Open Access publications from Tilburg University
urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-154416, Tilburg University.
- Hans Carlsson & Eric van Damme, 1993. "Global Games and Equilibrium Selection," Levine's Working Paper Archive 122247000000001088, David K. Levine.
- Carlsson, H. & Van Damme, E., 1990. "Global Games And Equilibrium Selection," Papers 9052, Tilburg - Center for Economic Research.
- Carlsson, H. & Damme, E.E.C. van, 1990. "Global games and equilibrium selection," Discussion Paper 1990-52, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Barany, I & Lee, J & Shubik, M, 1992.
"Classification of Two-Person Ordinal Bimatrix Games,"
International Journal of Game Theory,
Springer, vol. 21(3), pages 267-90.
- Imre Barany & J. Lee & Martin Shubik, 1991. "Classification of Two-Person Ordinal Bimatrix Games," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 996, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- E. Kohlberg & J.-F. Mertens, 1998.
"On the Strategic Stability of Equilibria,"
Levine's Working Paper Archive
445, David K. Levine.
- Roth, Alvin E. & Erev, Ido, 1995. "Learning in extensive-form games: Experimental data and simple dynamic models in the intermediate term," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 164-212.
- Lawrence E. Blume & William R. Zame, 1993.
"The Algebraic Geometry of Perfect and Sequential Equilibrium,"
Game Theory and Information
- Blume, Lawrence E & Zame, William R, 1994. "The Algebraic Geometry of Perfect and Sequential Equilibrium," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 62(4), pages 783-94, July.
- Jean-François Mertens, 2004.
"Ordinality in non cooperative games,"
International Journal of Game Theory,
Springer, vol. 32(3), pages 387-430, 06.
- Von Stengel, Bernhard, 2002. "Computing equilibria for two-person games," Handbook of Game Theory with Economic Applications, in: R.J. Aumann & S. Hart (ed.), Handbook of Game Theory with Economic Applications, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 45, pages 1723-1759 Elsevier.
- Fabrizio Germano, 2003.
"On some geometry and equivalence classes of normal form games,"
Economics Working Papers
669, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Fabrizio Germano, 2006. "On some geometry and equivalence classes of normal form games," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer, vol. 34(4), pages 561-581, November.
- Fabrizio Germano, 2003. "On Some Geometry and Equivalence Classes of Normal Form Games," Working Papers 42, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alain GILLIS).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.