The Advice Puzzle: An Experimental Study of Social Learning Where Words Speak Louder Than Actions
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by UCLA Department of Economics in its series Levine's Bibliography with number 666156000000000184.
Date of creation: 21 Aug 2003
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.dklevine.com/
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-EXP-2003-08-24 (Experimental Economics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bikhchandani, Sushil & Hirshleifer, David & Welch, Ivo, 1992.
"A Theory of Fads, Fashion, Custom, and Cultural Change in Informational Cascades,"
Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 100(5), pages 992-1026, October.
- Sushil Bikhchandani & David Hirshleifer & Ivo Welch, 2010. "A theory of Fads, Fashion, Custom and cultural change as informational Cascades," Levine's Working Paper Archive 1193, David K. Levine.
- Banerjee, Abhijit V, 1992. "A Simple Model of Herd Behavior," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, MIT Press, vol. 107(3), pages 797-817, August.
- Kuang, Xi (Jason) & Weber, Roberto A. & Dana, Jason, 2007. "How effective is advice from interested parties?: An experimental test using a pure coordination game," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 62(4), pages 591-604, April.
- Drehmann, Mathias & Oechssler, Jörg & Roider, Andreas, 2005.
"Herding With and Without Payoff Externalities - An Internet Experiment,"
CEPR Discussion Papers, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers
5310, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Drehmann, Mathias & Oechssler, Jorg & Roider, Andreas, 2007. "Herding with and without payoff externalities -- an internet experiment," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 391-415, April.
- Mathias Drehmann & Jörg Oechssler & Andreas Roider, 2004. "Herding with and without Payoff Externalities - An Internet Experiment," Bonn Econ Discussion Papers, University of Bonn, Germany bgse15_2004, University of Bonn, Germany.
- Mathias Drehmann & Jörg Oechssler & Andreas Roider, 2005. "Herding with and without Payoff Externalities - An Internet Experiment," Working Papers, University of Heidelberg, Department of Economics 0420, University of Heidelberg, Department of Economics, revised Apr 2005.
- Shotter, A. & Sopher, B., 2001.
"Advice and Behavior in Intergenerational Ultimatum Games: An Experimental Approach,"
Working Papers, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University
01-04, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- Schotter, Andrew & Sopher, Barry, 2007. "Advice and behavior in intergenerational ultimatum games: An experimental approach," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 58(2), pages 365-393, February.
- Andrew Schotter, 2003. "Decision Making with Naive Advice," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, American Economic Association, vol. 93(2), pages 196-201, May.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (David K. Levine).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.