Decision Making with Naive Advice
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by American Economic Association in its journal American Economic Review.
Volume (Year): 93 (2003)
Issue (Month): 2 (May)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bogachan Celen & Shachar Kariv & Andrew Schotter, 2003. "The Advice Puzzle: An Experimental Study of Social Learning Where Words Speak Louder Than Actions," Levine's Bibliography 666156000000000184, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Schotter, Andrew & Sopher, Barry, 2007.
"Advice and behavior in intergenerational ultimatum games: An experimental approach,"
Games and Economic Behavior,
Elsevier, vol. 58(2), pages 365-393, February.
- Shotter, A. & Sopher, B., 2001. "Advice and Behavior in Intergenerational Ultimatum Games: An Experimental Approach," Working Papers 01-04, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- Russell Cooper & Douglas V. DeJong & Robert Forsythe & Thomas W. Ross, 1989. "Communication in the Battle of the Sexes Game: Some Experimental Results," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 20(4), pages 568-587, Winter.
- Merlo, Antonio & Schotter, Andrew, 1999.
"A Surprise-Quiz View of Learning in Economic Experiments,"
Games and Economic Behavior,
Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 25-54, July.
- Merlo, A. & Schotter, A., 1995. "A Surprise-Quiz View of Learning in Economic Experiments," Working Papers 95-32, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- Leuermann, Andrea & Roth, Benjamin, 2012. "Does good advice come cheap? - On the assessment of risk preferences in the lab and the field," Working Papers 0534, University of Heidelberg, Department of Economics.
- Sara Graziano & Ananish Chaudhuri & Pushkar Maitra, 2004.
"A Dynamic Analysis of the Evolution of Conventions in a Public Goods Experiment with Intergenerational Advice,"
Econometric Society 2004 Australasian Meetings
38, Econometric Society.
- Ananish Chaudhuri & Pushkar Maitra, 2004. "Dynamic Analysis of the Evolution of Conventions in a Public Goods Experiment with Intergenerational Advice," Econometric Society 2004 North American Summer Meetings 37, Econometric Society.
- Ulrike Malmendier & Stefan Nagel, 2011.
"Depression Babies: Do Macroeconomic Experiences Affect Risk Taking?,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 126(1), pages 373-416.
- Ulrike Malmendier & Stefan Nagel, 2009. "Depression Babies: Do Macroeconomic Experiences Affect Risk-Taking?," NBER Working Papers 14813, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jordi Brandts & Valeska Groenert & Christina Rott, 2012. "The Impact of Advice on Women's and Men's Selection into Competition," Working Papers 663, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- David Dickinson & Lynn Hunnicutt, 2010. "Nonbinding recommendations: the relative effects of focal points versus uncertainty reduction on bargaining outcomes," Theory and Decision, Springer, vol. 69(4), pages 615-634, October.
- Andrew Healy, 2009. "How effectively do people learn from a variety of different opinions?," Experimental Economics, Springer, vol. 12(4), pages 386-416, December.
- David Dickinson & Lynn Hunnicutt, 2005. "Nonbinding Suggestions: The Relative Effects of Focal Points versus Uncertainty Reduction on Bargaining Outcomes," Working Papers 05-13, Department of Economics, Appalachian State University.
- Jordi Brandts & Valeska Groener & Christina Rott, 2012. "The impact of advice on women's and men's selection into competition," UFAE and IAE Working Papers 912.12, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
- Andrea Leuermann & Benjamin Roth, 2012. "Does Good Advice Come Cheap?: On the Assessment of Risk Preferences in the Lab and in the Field," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 475, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- repec:dgr:uvatin:2007015 is not listed on IDEAS
- Gürerk, Özgür, 2010. "Social learning increases the acceptance and the efficiency of punishment institutions in social dilemmas," MPRA Paper 27357, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Spiros Bougheas & Jeroen Nieboer & Martin Sefton, 2013.
"Risk-taking in social settings: Group and peer effects,"
2013-04, The Centre for Decision Research and Experimental Economics, School of Economics, University of Nottingham.
- Spiros Bougheas & Jeroen Nieboer & Martin Sefton, 2013. "Risk Taking in Social Settings: Group and Peer Effects," Discussion Papers 2013-01, The Centre for Decision Research and Experimental Economics, School of Economics, University of Nottingham.
- Ananish Chaudhuri & Pushkar Maitra & Susan Skeath, 2006. "Communication, Advice and Beliefs in an Experimental Public Goods Game," Monash Economics Working Papers 05/06, Monash University, Department of Economics.
- Gehrig, Thomas & Güth, Werner & Leví0nský, René & Popova, Vera, 2010. "On the evolution of professional consulting," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 76(1), pages 113-126, October.
- Ananish Chaudhuri & Barry Sopher & Andrew Schotter, 2006. "Learning in Tournaments with Inter-Generational Advice," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 3(26), pages 1-16.
- Yaniv, Ilan & Milyavsky, Maxim, 2007. "Using advice from multiple sources to revise and improve judgments," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 103(1), pages 104-120, May.
- Bonaccio, Silvia & Dalal, Reeshad S., 2006. "Advice taking and decision-making: An integrative literature review, and implications for the organizational sciences," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 101(2), pages 127-151, November.
- Yaniv, Ilan & Choshen-Hillel, Shoham & Milyavsky, Maxim, 2011. "Receiving advice on matters of taste: Similarity, majority influence, and taste discrimination," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 115(1), pages 111-120, May.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jane Voros) or (Michael P. Albert).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.