Monetary Policy Under Financial Turbulence: an Overview
AbstractThe last financial crisis revealed that financial imperfections and institutions play a more important role than the literature has assigned them for a long time, and it is possible to ascertain strongly that in the coming years macroeconomic research will be dominated by the study of the relationships between financial frictions, financial systems and aggregate fluctuations. This paper conducts a selective review of existing literature on monetary policy and its interaction with financial variables. It then examines frontier research presented at the XIII Annual Conference of the Central Bank of Chile, which gathers new theoretical results and empirical evidence applicable both in developed countries and in the Chilean economy
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Central Bank of Chile in its series Working Papers Central Bank of Chile with number 594.
Date of creation: Sep 2010
Date of revision:
Other versions of this item:
- Luis Felipe Céspedes & Roberto Chang & Diego Saravia, 2011. "Monetary Policy under Financial Turbulence: An Overview," Central Banking, Analysis, and Economic Policies Book Series, in: Luis Felipe Céspedes & Roberto Chang & Diego Saravia (ed.), Monetary Policy under Financial Turbulence, edition 1, volume 16, chapter 1, pages 001-021 Central Bank of Chile.
- NEP-ALL-2011-04-23 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBA-2011-04-23 (Central Banking)
- NEP-MAC-2011-04-23 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-MON-2011-04-23 (Monetary Economics)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Anton Korinek, 2011. "The New Economics of Capital Controls Imposed for Prudential Reasons," IMF Working Papers 11/298, International Monetary Fund.
- Christopher Otrok & Gianluca Benigno & Huigang Chen & Alessandro Rebucci & Eric R. Young, 2012.
"Capital Controls or Exchange Rate Policy? A Pecuniary Externality Perspective,"
1209, Department of Economics, University of Missouri.
- Gianluca Benigno & Huigang Chen & Christopher Otrok & Alessandro Rebucci & Eric R. Young, 2012. "Capital Controls or Exchange Rate Policy? A Pecuniary Externality Perspective," CEP Discussion Papers dp1160, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Gianluca Benigno & Huigang Chen & Christopher Otrok & Alessandro Rebucci & Eric R. Young, 2012. "Capital controls or exchange rate policy? a pecuniary externality perspective," Working Papers 2012-025, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Takayuki Tsuruga & Ryo Kato & Mitsuru Katagiri, 2013.
"Managing Financial Crises: Lean or Clean?,"
2013 Meeting Papers
355, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Yan Carriere-Swallow & Pablo Garcia-Silva, 2013. "Capital Account Policies in Chile Macro-financial considerations along the path to liberalization," IMF Working Papers 13/107, International Monetary Fund.
- Schmitt-Grohé, Stephanie & Uribe, Martín, 2012. "Prudential Policy for Peggers," CEPR Discussion Papers 8961, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Claudio Sepulveda).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.