Reform of the Global Financial Architecture
AbstractThis paper examines the implications of the global financialcrisis of 2007-10 for reform of the global financial architecture and identifies institutional and substantive reforms by organizations such as the IMF and Financial Stability Board. The publication was prepared for a conference sponsored by Bruegel and the Peterson Institute for International Economics (8 October 2010), as part of a project sponsored by the European Commission.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Bruegel in its series Working Papers with number 444.
Date of creation: Oct 2010
Date of revision:
Other versions of this item:
- F30 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - General
- F33 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - International Monetary Arrangements and Institutions
- F36 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Financial Aspects of Economic Integration
- F53 - International Economics - - International Relations, National Security, and International Political Economy - - - International Agreements and Observance; International Organizations
- G28 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Government Policy and Regulation
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-05-14 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Edwin M. Truman, 2003. "Inflation Targeting in the World Economy," Peterson Institute Press: All Books, Peterson Institute for International Economics, number 346.
- Gary B. Gorton, 2008.
"The Panic of 2007,"
NBER Working Papers
14358, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- James B. Thomson, 2009. "On systemically important financial institutions and progressive systemic mitigation," Policy Discussion Papers, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, issue Aug.
- Edwin M. Truman, 2010. "The G-20 and International Financial Institution Governance," Working Paper Series WP10-13, Peterson Institute for International Economics.
- Giavazzi, Francesco & Giovannini, Alberto, 2010.
"Central Banks and the Financial System,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
7944, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Herrmann, Sabine & Mihaljek, Dubravko, 2011.
"The determinants of cross-border bank flows to emerging markets: New empirical evidence on the spread of financial crises,"
BOFIT Discussion Papers
3/2011, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
- Sabine Herrmann & Dubravko Mihaljek, 2010. "The determinants of cross-border bank flows to emerging markets: new empirical evidence on the spread of financial crises," BIS Working Papers 315, Bank for International Settlements.
- Herrmann, Sabine & Mihaljek, Dubravko, 2010. "The determinants of cross-border bank flows to emerging markets: New empirical evidence on the spread of financial crises," Discussion Paper Series 1: Economic Studies 2010,17, Deutsche Bundesbank, Research Centre.
- Edwin M. Truman, 2008. "On What Terms Is the IMF Worth Funding?," Working Paper Series WP08-11, Peterson Institute for International Economics.
- Aerdt Houben & Jan Kakes & Garry Schinasi, 2004. "Towards a framework for financial stability," DNB Occasional Studies 201, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Edwin M. Truman, 2006.
"Strategy for IMF Reform, A,"
Peterson Institute Press: All Books,
Peterson Institute for International Economics, number pa77.
- Edwin M. Truman, 2006. "Strategy for IMF Reform, A," Peterson Institute Press: Policy Analyses in International Economics, Peterson Institute for International Economics, number pa77, November.
- Burkhard Drees & Garry J. Schinasi & Charles Frederick Kramer & R. Sean Craig, 2001. "Modern Banking and OTC Derivatives Markets," IMF Occasional Papers 203, International Monetary Fund.
- Lamberte, Mario & Morgan , Peter J., 2012.
"Regional and Global Monetary Cooperation,"
ADBI Working Papers
346, Asian Development Bank Institute.
- Casselmann, Farina, 2013. "Financial services regulation in the wake of the crisis: The Capital Requirements Directive IV and the Capital Requirements Regulation," IPE Working Papers 18/2013, Berlin School of Economics and Law, Institute for International Political Economy (IPE).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bruegel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.