The Impact Ofconditional Cash Transfer Programs On Household Work Decisions In Brazil
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by ANPEC - Associação Nacional dos Centros de Pósgraduação em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics] in its series Anais do XXXVII Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 37th Brazilian Economics Meeting] with number 208.
Date of creation: 2011
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Secretaria da ANPEC Rua Tiradentes, 17 - Ingá Niterói, RJ 24210-510 Brazil
Phone: 55 21 2709 7154
Web page: http://www.anpec.org.br
More information through EDIRC
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-11-07 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- François Bourguignon & Francisco H. G. Ferreira & Phillippe G. Leite, 2002.
"Ex-ante Evaluation of Conditional Cash Transfer Programs: The Case of Bolsa Escola,"
William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series
516, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Bourguignon, Francois & Ferreira, Francisco H. G. & Leite, Phillippe G., 2002. "Ex-ante evaluation of conditional cash transfer programs: the case of bolsa escola," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2916, The World Bank.
- Orazio Attanasio & Emla Fitzsimons & Ana Gomez & Martha Isabel Gutiérrez & Costas Meghir & Alice Mesnard, 2006.
"Child education and work choices in the presence of a conditional cash transfer programme in rural Colombia,"
IFS Working Papers
W06/13, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Attanasio, Orazio & Fitzsimons, Emla & Gomez, Ana & Lopez, Diana & Meghir, Costas & Mesnard, Alice, 2006. "Child Education and Work Choices in the Presence of a Conditional Cash Transfer Programme in Rural Colombia," CEPR Discussion Papers 5792, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Orazio Attanasio & Emla Fitzsimons & Ana Gomez & Diana Lopez & Costas Meghir & Alice Mesnard, 2006. "Child education and work choices in the presence of a conditional cash transfer programme in rural Colombia," IFS Working Papers W06/01, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Skoufias, Emmanuel & Parker, Susan W., 2001.
"Conditional cash transfers and their impact on child work and schooling,"
FCND discussion papers
123, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Skoufias, Emmanuel & Parker, Susan W., 2001. "Conditional cash transfers and their impact on child work and schooling," FCND briefs 123, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Suzanne Duryea & Andrew Morrison, 2004.
"The Effect of Conditional Transfers on School Performance and Child Labor: Evidence from an Ex-Post Impact Evaluation in Costa Rica,"
Research Department Publications
4359, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Suzanne Duryea & Andrew Morrison, 2004. "The Effect of Conditional Transfers on School Performance and Child Labor: Evidence from an Ex-Post Impact Evaluation in Costa Rica," IDB Publications 43338, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Ravallion, Martin & Wodon, Quentin, 2000.
"Does Child Labour Displace Schooling? Evidence on Behavioural Responses to an Enrollment Subsidy,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 110(462), pages C158-75, March.
- Ravallion, Martin & Wodon, Quentin, 1999. "Does child labor displace schooling? - evidence on behavioral responses to an enrollment subsidy," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2116, The World Bank.
- Edwin Leuven & Barbara Sianesi, 2003. "PSMATCH2: Stata module to perform full Mahalanobis and propensity score matching, common support graphing, and covariate imbalance testing," Statistical Software Components S432001, Boston College Department of Economics, revised 12 Feb 2014.
- Eliana Cardoso & Andre Portela Souza, 2004. "The Impact of Cash Transfers on Child Labor and School Attendance in Brazil," Vanderbilt University Department of Economics Working Papers 0407, Vanderbilt University Department of Economics.
- Thomas, Duncan & Strauss, John, 1992.
"Prices, infrastructure, household characteristics and child height,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 39(2), pages 301-331, October.
- Thomas, D. & Strauss, J., 1990. "Prices, Infrastructure, Household Charasteristics And Child Height," Papers 602, Yale - Economic Growth Center.
- Chitolina, Lia & Foguel, Miguel Nathan & Menezes-Filho, Naercio, 2013. "The impact of the expansion of the Bolsa Familia Program on the time allocation of youths and their parents," Insper Working Papers wpe_326, Insper Working Paper, Insper Instituto de Ensino e Pesquisa.
- Miguel Nathan Foguel & Ricardo Paes de Barros, 2008. "The Effects of Conditional Cash Transfer Programmes on Adult Labour Supply: An Empirical Analysis Using a Time-Series-Cross-Section," Anais do XXXVI Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 36th Brazilian Economics Meeting] 200807211655420, ANPEC - Associação Nacional dos Centros de Pósgraduação em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
- Leibbrandt, Murray & Lilenstein, Kezia & Shenker, Callie & Woolard, Ingrid, 2013. "The influence of social transfers on labour supply: A South African and international review," SALDRU Working Papers 112, Southern Africa Labour and Development Research Unit, University of Cape Town.
- Rafael Novella & Laura Ripani & Guillermo Cruces & Maria Laura Alzuá, 2012. "Conditional Cash Transfers, Female Bargaining Power and Parental Labour Supply," IDB Publications 78223, Inter-American Development Bank.
- von Jacobi, Nadia, 2014. "Can the context mediate macro-policy outcomes? Contextual differences in the returns to Bolsa Familia in Brazil," Working Paper Series UNU-WIDER Research Paper , World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Armando Barrientos & Juan Miguel Villa, 2013. "Antipoverty transfers and labour force participation effects," Brooks World Poverty Institute Working Paper Series 18513, BWPI, The University of Manchester.
- Glewwe, Paul & Kassouf, Ana Lucia, 2012.
"The impact of the Bolsa Escola/Familia conditional cash transfer program on enrollment, dropout rates and grade promotion in Brazil,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 97(2), pages 505-517.
- Paul Glewwe & Ana Lucia Kassouf, 2008. "The Impact of the Bolsa Escola/Familia Conditional Cash Transfer Program on Enrollment, Drop Out Rates and Grade Promotion in Brazil," Working Papers 08_16, Universidade de São Paulo, Faculdade de Economia, Administração e Contabilidade de Ribeirão Preto.
- de Hoop, Jacobus & Rosati, Furio C., 2013.
"Cash Transfers and Child Labour,"
IZA Discussion Papers
7496, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Laura Camfield, 2014. "Growing Up in Ethiopia and Andhra Pradesh: The Impact of Social Protection Schemes on Girls’ Roles and Responsibilities," The European Journal of Development Research, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 26(1), pages 107-123, January.
- Ucw, 2011. "Understanding the Brazilian success in reducing child labour: empirical evidence and policy lessons. Drawing policy lessons from the Brazilian experience," UCW Working Paper 55, Understanding Children's Work (UCW Programme).
- Fernando Gaiger Silveira & Ross van Horn & Bernardo Campolina, 2013.
"A Substitute for Substitution: Bolsa Família?s Effects on the Combination of Work and School for Children and Adolescents Aged 10?18,"
235, International Policy Centre for Inclusive Growth.
- Fernando Gaiger Silveira & Ross van Horn & Bernardo Campolina, 2013. "A Substitute for Substitution: Bolsa Família?s Effects on the Combination of Work And School for Children and Adolescents Aged 10-18," Working Papers 121, International Policy Centre for Inclusive Growth.
- Menezes-Filho, Naercio & Scorzafave, Luiz, 2009. "Employment and Inequality of Outcomes in Brazil," Insper Working Papers wpe_200, Insper Working Paper, Insper Instituto de Ensino e Pesquisa.
- Firpo, Sergio & Pieri, Renan & Pedroso Jr., Euclides & Souza, Andre Portela, 2013. "Evidence of eligibility manipulation for conditional cash transfer programs," Textos para discussÃ£o 352, Escola de Economia de São Paulo, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil).
- L. Guarcello & S. Lyon, 2003. "Children's work and water access in Yemen," UCW Working Paper 53, Understanding Children's Work (UCW Programme).
- Rosati, Furio C & Dema, Guillermo, 2010. "Trends in children's employment and child labour in the Latin America and Caribbean region regional overview," ILO Working Papers 468392, International Labour Organization.
- Lia Chitolina & Miguel Nathan Foguel & Naercio Menezes-Filho, 2013. "The Impact of the Expansion of the Bolsa Família Programme on the Time Allocation of Youths and Labour Supply of Adults," Working Papers 120, International Policy Centre for Inclusive Growth.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Hugo E. A. da Gama Cerqueira).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.