Real Exchange Rate Levels And Economic Development: Theoretical Analysis And Empirical Evidence
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by ANPEC - Associação Nacional dos Centros de Pósgraduação em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics] in its series Anais do XXXV Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 35th Brazilian Economics Meeting] with number 037.
Date of creation: 2007
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Secretaria da ANPEC Rua Tiradentes, 17 - Ingá Niterói, RJ 24210-510 Brazil
Phone: 55 21 2709 7154
Web page: http://www.anpec.org.br
More information through EDIRC
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2007-12-15 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBA-2007-12-15 (Central Banking)
- NEP-DEV-2007-12-15 (Development)
- NEP-FDG-2007-12-15 (Financial Development & Growth)
- NEP-IFN-2007-12-15 (International Finance)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ofair Razin & Susan M. Collins, 1997. "Real Exchange Rate Misalignments and Growth," NBER Working Papers 6174, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Daron Acemoglu & Simon Johnson & James Robinson & Yunyong Thaicharoen, 2002.
"Institutional Causes, Macroeconomic Symptoms: Volatility, Crises and Growth,"
NBER Working Papers
9124, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Acemoglu, Daron & Johnson, Simon & Robinson, James & Thaicharoen, Yunyong, 2003. "Institutional causes, macroeconomic symptoms: volatility, crises and growth," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 50(1), pages 49-123, January.
- Acemoglu, Daron & Johnson, Simon & Robinson, James A & Thaicharoen, Yunyong, 2002. "Institutional Causes, Macroeconomic Symptoms: Volatility, Crises and Growth," CEPR Discussion Papers 3575, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Ofair Razin & Susan M. Collins, 1997. "Real Exchange Rate Misalignments and Growth," International Finance 9707001, EconWPA.
- Stephen Bond & Anke Hoeffler & Jonathan Temple, 2001.
"GMM Estimation of Empirical Growth Models,"
2001-W21, Economics Group, Nuffield College, University of Oxford.
- Pereira, Luiz Carlos Bresser, 2004. "Exchange Rate: Fix, Float, or Manage It?," Textos para discussÃ£o 135, Escola de Economia de São Paulo, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil).
- Michael P Dooley & David Folkerts-Landau & Peter Garber, 2006.
"Interest rates, exchange rates and international adjustment,"
Conference Series ; [Proceedings],
Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, vol. 51.
- Michael P. Dooley & David Folkerts-Landau & Peter M. Garber, 2005. "Interest Rates, Exchange Rates and International Adjustment," NBER Working Papers 11771, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Roberto Frenkel & Lance Taylor, 2006. "Real Exchange Rate, Monetary Policy and Employment," Working Papers 19, United Nations, Department of Economics and Social Affairs.
- Steve Bond, 2002. "Dynamic panel data models: a guide to microdata methods and practice," CeMMAP working papers CWP09/02, Centre for Microdata Methods and Practice, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Ilan Goldfajn & Rodrigo O. Valdes, 1996. "The Aftermath of Appreciations," NBER Working Papers 5650, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bhaduri, Amit & Marglin, Stephen, 1990. "Unemployment and the Real Wage: The Economic Basis for Contesting Political Ideologies," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 14(4), pages 375-93, December.
- Jeffrey D. Sachs, 1985. "External Debt and Macroeconomic Performance in Latin America and East Asia," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 16(2), pages 523-573.
- Khorshed Chowdhury, 2011. "Dynamics, Structural Breaks and the Determinants of the Real Exchange Rate of Australia," Economics Working Papers wp11-11, School of Economics, University of Wollongong, NSW, Australia.
- M. Herrerias & Vicente Orts, 2012. "Equipment investment, output and productivity in China," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 42(1), pages 181-207, February.
- Samba Mbaye, 2012.
"Real Exchange Rate Undervaluation and Growth: Is there a Total Factor Productivity Growth Channel?,"
- Samba MBAYE, 2012. "Real Exchange Rate Undervaluation and Growth: Is there a Total Factor Productivity Growth Channel?," Working Papers 201211, CERDI.
- Mbaye, Samba, 2012.
"Currency Undervaluation and Growth: Is there a Productivity Channel?,"
44261, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Samba Mbaye, 2013. "Currency undervaluation and growth: Is there a productivity channel?," Economie Internationale, CEPII research center, issue 133, pages 8-28.
- Eliane Cristina de Araújo, 2009. "Nível do Câmbio e Crescimento Econômico: Teorias e Evidências para Países em Desenvolvimento e Emergentes - 1980 - 2007," Discussion Papers 1425, Instituto de Pesquisa Econômica Aplicada - IPEA.
- Roberto Frenkel & Martin Rapetti, 2012. "External Fragility or Deindustrialization: What is the Main Threat to Latin American Countries in the 2010s?," World Economic Review, World Economics Association, vol. 2012(1), pages 3, September.
- Couharde, Cécile & Sallenave, Audrey, 2013. "How do currency misalignments’ threshold affect economic growth?," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 106-120.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Hugo E. A. da Gama Cerqueira).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.