Farmer-to-Consumer Direct Marketing: The Role of Customer Satisfaction Measurement for Service Innovations
AbstractThe importance of direct marketing for high quality farm products has increased during the past few years. This paper analyses the impact of customer satisfaction and its driving forces for farmer- to-consumer direct marketing and is based on a customer survey in 33 organic and conventional on-farm stores in Germany. The results emphasise the role of store atmosphere and customer service as the main influencing factors on customer satisfaction.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by International European Forum on Innovation and System Dynamics in Food Networks in its series 2007 1st Forum, February 15-17, 2007, Innsbruck, Austria with number 6607.
Date of creation: 2007
Date of revision:
Direct Marketing; Customer satisfaction; Regression; Service Quality; Agribusiness; Marketing;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gandee, Jesse E. & Brown, Cheryl & D'Souza, Gerard E., 2003. "The Role Of Spatial And Demographic Characteristics In Direct Farm Marketing: An Econometric Approach," 2003 Annual meeting, July 27-30, Montreal, Canada 21912, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Thilmany, Dawn D. & Watson, Philip, 2004. "The Increasing Role Of Direct Marketing And Farmers Markets For Western Us Producers," Western Economics Forum, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 3(02), December.
- Baer, Alexander G. & Brown, Cheryl, 2006. "Adoption of E-Marketing by Direct Market Farms in the Northeastern U.S," 2006 Annual meeting, July 23-26, Long Beach, CA 21320, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Thilmany, Dawn D. & Bond, Jennifer Keeling & Bond, Craig A., 2006. "Direct Marketing of Fresh Produce: Understanding Consumer Interest in Product and Process-Based Attributes," 2006 Annual meeting, July 23-26, Long Beach, CA 21217, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Kezis, Alan S. & Gwebu, Thula & Peavey, Stephanie R. & Cheng, Hsiang-Tai, 1998. "A Study Of Consumers At A Small Farmers' Market In Maine: Results From A 1995 Survey," Journal of Food Distribution Research, Food Distribution Research Society, vol. 29(1), February.
- Henneberry, Shida Rastegari & Agustini, Haerani N., 2004. "An Analysis Of Oklahoma Direct Marketing Outlets: Case Study Of Produce Farmers' Markets," 2004 Annual Meeting, February 14-18, 2004, Tulsa, Oklahoma 34710, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Bolten, Jan & Kennerknecht, Raphael & Spiller, Achim, 2006. "Perspectives of small retailers in the organic market: Customer satisfaction and customer enthusiasm," 98th Seminar, June 29-July 2, 2006, Chania, Crete, Greece 10042, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.