Product And Branding Innovations In The Australian Beef Marketing System
AbstractMeat Standards Australia (MSA) represents a new beef classification system, derived from consumer preferences, which allows classifying beef in interesting ways to consumers and creates the basis for product differentiation and branding. Currently, branding of beef cuts occurs on a limited scale; however, research has revealed clear segmentation across consumers and premiums for preferred products in niche markets. The objective of this study is to identify the potential for large-scale differentiation and branding in the Australian beef marketing system and how this may best be done given the structure of the supply chain.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society in its series 2008 Conference (52nd), February 5-8, 2008, Canberra, Australia with number 5993.
Date of creation: 2008
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: AARES Central Office Manager, Crawford School of Public Policy, ANU, Canberra ACT 0200
Phone: 0409 032 338
Web page: http://www.aares.info/
More information through EDIRC
Innovation; Branding; Australian beef marketing system; Livestock Production/Industries; Marketing;
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2008-11-18 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2008-11-18 (All new papers)
- NEP-COM-2008-11-18 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-MKT-2008-11-18 (Marketing)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jin, Yanhong H. & Zilberman, David & Heiman, Amir, 2005.
"Choosing Brands: Fresh Produce versus other Products,"
2005 Annual meeting, July 24-27, Providence, RI
19192, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Yanhong H. Jin & David Zilberman & Amir Heiman, 2008. "Choosing Brands: Fresh Produce versus Other Products," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 90(2), pages 463-475.
- Miguel Carriquiry, 2004. "Guaranteed Tender Beef: Opportunities and Challenges for a Differentiated Agricultural Product," Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) Publications 04-wp371, Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) at Iowa State University.
- Allan Gray & Michael Boehlje & Vincent Amanor-Boadu & Joan Fulton, 2004. "Agricultural Innovation and New Ventures: Assessing the Commercial Potential," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 86(5), pages 1322-1329.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.