Ecolabels And Economic Efficiency: Some Preliminary Results
AbstractThe public provision of information about the environmental performance of firms and products has generated considerable enthusiasm and become a common instrument of environmental regulation, even though the economic analysis of the social welfare properties of these policies is quite limited. This paper proposes a model for examining these properties.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association) in its series 2004 Annual meeting, August 1-4, Denver, CO with number 20338.
Date of creation: 2004
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 555 East Wells Street, Suite 1100, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53202
Phone: (414) 918-3190
Fax: (414) 276-3349
Web page: http://www.aaea.org
More information through EDIRC
Research Methods/ Statistical Methods;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jean Tirole, 1988. "The Theory of Industrial Organization," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262200716, June.
- Bjorner, Thomas Bue & Hansen, L.G.Lars Garn & Russell, Clifford S., 2004.
"Environmental labeling and consumers' choice--an empirical analysis of the effect of the Nordic Swan,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 47(3), pages 411-434, May.
- Thomas Bue Bjorner & Lars Garn Hansen & Clifford S. Russell, 2002. "Environmental Labelling and Consumer's Choice - An Empirical Analysis of the Effect of the Nordic Swan," Vanderbilt University Department of Economics Working Papers 0203, Vanderbilt University Department of Economics.
- Teisl, Mario F. & Roe, Brian & Hicks, Robert L., 2002. "Can Eco-Labels Tune a Market? Evidence from Dolphin-Safe Labeling," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 43(3), pages 339-359, May.
- Rousseau, Sandra & Vranken, Liesbet, 2011.
"The Impact of Information on the Willingness-to-Pay for Labeled Organic Food Products,"
2011 International Congress, August 30-September 2, 2011, Zurich, Switzerland
115986, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Rousseau, Sandra & Vranken, Liesbet, 2011. "The Impact of Information on the Willingness-to-Pay for Labeled Organic Food Products," Open Access publications from Katholieke Universiteit Leuven urn:hdl:123456789/317547, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven.
- Sandra Rousseau & Liesbet Vranken, 2011. "The Impact of Information on the Willingness-to-Pay for Labeled Organic Food Products," LICOS Discussion Papers 28411, LICOS - Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance, KU Leuven.
- Rousseau, Sandra & Vranken, Liesbet, 2011. "The Impact of Information on the Willingness-to-Pay for Labeled Organic Food Products," Working Papers 2011/04, Hogeschool-Universiteit Brussel, Faculteit Economie en Management.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.