Market integration in US gasoline markets
AbstractThis paper analyses the degree of market integration in the retail gasoline markets in the United States after it was completely deregulated in 1981. The monthly average prices of unleaded regular gasoline, excluding taxes, from January 1983 to December of 1998 for five US Petroleum Administration Defense Districts were considered in the analysis. There is evidence of a high degree of market integration in the gasoline markets as evidenced by the Engel and Granger and Johansen cointegration tests, but perfect market integration is rejected in all but a few cases.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Taylor & Francis Journals in its journal Applied Economics.
Volume (Year): 33 (2001)
Issue (Month): 10 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAEC20
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kendix, Michael & Walls, W.D., 2010. "Oil industry consolidation and refined product prices: Evidence from US wholesale gasoline terminals," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(7), pages 3498-3507, July.
- Mark J. Holmes & Jesús Otero & Theodore Panagiotidis, 2012.
"On the Dynamics of Gasoline Market Integration in the United States: Evidence from a Pair-Wise Approach,"
Working Paper Series
68_12, The Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis.
- Holmes, Mark J. & Otero, Jesús & Panagiotidis, Theodore, 2013. "On the dynamics of gasoline market integration in the United States: Evidence from a pair-wise approach," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 503-510.
- Mark J. Holmes & Jesus Otero & Theodore Panagiotidis, 2012. "On the Dynamics of Gasoline Market Integration in the United States: Evidence from a Pair-wise Approach," KoÃ§ University-TUSIAD Economic Research Forum Working Papers 1230, Koc University-TUSIAD Economic Research Forum.
- repec:mcd:mcddps:2012_10 is not listed on IDEAS
- Arano, Kathleen & Velikova, Marieta, 2010. "Estimating the long-run equilibrium relationship: The case of city-gate and residential natural gas prices," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(4), pages 901-907, July.
- Kendix, Michael & Walls, W.D., 2010.
"Estimating the impact of refinery outages on petroleum product prices,"
Elsevier, vol. 32(6), pages 1291-1298, November.
- M. Kendix & W. D. Walls, 2010. "Estimating the Impact of Refinery Outages on Petroleum Product Prices," Working Papers 2010-12, Department of Economics, University of Calgary, revised 01 Jun 2010.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.