Spanish food demand: a dynamic approach
AbstractOther empirical works have demonstrated that Spanish food demand seems to have a dynamic structure. However, the commonly used dynamization processes are too restrictive to explain the dynamic food consumers' behaviour. A more general model that is able to incorporate different dynamic structures (partial adjustment, first autoregressive, and static) and allows for direct estimation of long-run coefficients has been used. This general framework is applied to the Generalized Addilog Demand System (GADS) for annual Spanish data covering 1964 to 1991. Results indicate that an autoregressive GADS fits well the data, satisfying the theoretic restrictions. Finally, the expenditure and price elasticities are calculated.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Taylor & Francis Journals in its journal Applied Economics.
Volume (Year): 30 (1998)
Issue (Month): 10 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAEC20
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Moschini, GianCarlo & Bulut, Harun & Cembalo, Luigi, 2005.
"On the Segregation of Genetically Modified, Conventional, and Organic Products in European Agriculture: A Multi-Market Equilibrium Analysis,"
Staff General Research Papers
12450, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- GianCarlo Moschini & Harun Bulut & Luigi Cembalo, 2005. "On the Segregation of Genetically Modified, Conventional and Organic Products in European Agriculture: A Multi-market Equilibrium Analysis," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 56(3), pages 347-372.
- GianCarlo Moschini & Harun Bulut & Luigi Cembalo, 2005. "On the Segregation of Genetically Modified, Conventional, and Organic Products in European Agriculture: A Multi-market Equilibrium Analysis," Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) Publications 05-wp411, Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) at Iowa State University.
- Filippini, M. & Masiero, G. & Moschetti, K., 2009. "Regional consumption of antibiotics: A demand system approach," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 26(6), pages 1389-1397, November.
- Angulo, Ana Maria & Mtimet, Nadhem & Gil, Jose Maria, 2008. "AnÃ¡lisis de la demanda de alimentos en EspaÃ±a considerando el impacto de la dieta sobre la salud," Economia Agraria y Recursos Naturales, Spanish Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 8(2).
- Angulo, Ana Maria & Gil, Jose Maria & Mur, Jesus, 2002. "Spanish Demand for Food Away From Home: A Panel Data Approach," 2002 International Congress, August 28-31, 2002, Zaragoza, Spain 24977, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.