Macroeconomic determinants of growth in the South Pacific island economies
AbstractThe macroeconomic determinants of growth in island countries of the South Pacific region is examined using cross-country data for the 1980-92 period. Capital, labour, inflation, money and exports are found to be significant positive contributors to economic growth while budget deficit is found to exert a significant negative effect on economic growth.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Taylor & Francis Journals in its journal Applied Economics Letters.
Volume (Year): 5 (1998)
Issue (Month): 12 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAEL20
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Noriko Ishikawa & Mototsugu Fukushige, 2007.
"Impacts of tourism and fiscal expenditure to remote islands: the case of the Amami islands in Japan,"
Applied Economics Letters,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(9), pages 661-666.
- Noriko Ishikawa & Mototsugu Fukushige, 2005. "Impacts of Tourism and Fiscal Expenditure to Remote Islands: The Case of the Amami Islands in Japan," Discussion Papers in Economics and Business 05-24, Osaka University, Graduate School of Economics and Osaka School of International Public Policy (OSIPP).
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:3:y:2008:i:21:p:1-8 is not listed on IDEAS
- Noor-e-Saher, 2011. "Impact of Oil Prices on Economic Growth and Exports Earning: In the Case of Pakistan and India," Romanian Economic Journal, Department of International Business and Economics from the Academy of Economic Studies Bucharest, vol. 14(40), pages 117-151, June.
- Aviral Kumar Tiwari, 2011. "Tourism, Exports and FDI as a Means of Growth: Evidence from four Asian Countries," Romanian Economic Journal, Department of International Business and Economics from the Academy of Economic Studies Bucharest, vol. 14(40), pages 131-151, June.
- Noriko Ishikawa & Mototsugu Fukushige, 2006.
"Impacts of Tourism and Fiscal Expenditure on Remote Islands in Japan: A Panel Data Analysis,"
Discussion Papers in Economics and Business
06-21, Osaka University, Graduate School of Economics and Osaka School of International Public Policy (OSIPP).
- Noriko Ishikawa & Mototsugu Fukushige, 2009. "Impacts of tourism and fiscal expenditure on remote islands in Japan: a panel data analysis," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 41(7), pages 921-928.
- Edgar J Sanchez Carrera & W. Adrian Risso & Juan Gabriel Brida, 2008. "Tourism's Impact on Long-Run Mexican Economic Growth," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 3(21), pages 1-8.
- Andreas G. Georgantopoulos, 2013. "Tourism Expansion and Economic Development: Var/Vecm Analysis and Forecasts for the Case of India," Asian Economic and Financial Review, Asian Economic and Social Society, vol. 3(4), pages 464-482, April.
- Brida, Juan Gabriel & Barquet, Andrea & Risso, Wiston Adrián, 2009. "Causality between Economic Growth and Tourism Expansion: Empirical Evidence from Trentino - Alto Adige," MPRA Paper 25316, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 14 Dec 2009.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.