The determinants of university dropout in Italy: a bivariate probability model with sample selection
AbstractThis study analyses the determinants of university dropouts in Italy using a bivariate probit model with sample selection. The empirical findings provide some support for the appropriateness of this technique and hence suggest that the estimates obtained from a univariate decision framework are likely to be inefficient.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Taylor & Francis Journals in its journal Applied Economics Letters.
Volume (Year): 11 (2004)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAEL20
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- MONTMARQUETTE, Claude & MAHSEREDJIAN, Sophie & HOULE, Rachel, 1995.
"The Determinants of University Dropouts: a Sequential Decision Model with Selectivity Bias,"
Cahiers de recherche
9558, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- Rachel Houle & Sophie Mahseredjian & Claude Montmarquette, 1996. "The Determinants of University Dropouts : A Sequential Decision Model with Selectivity Bias," CIRANO Working Papers 96s-04, CIRANO.
- Meng, Chun-Lo & Schmidt, Peter, 1985. "On the Cost of Partial Observability in the Bivariate Probit Model," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 26(1), pages 71-85, February.
- Di Pietro, Giorgio & Cutillo, Andrea, 2008. "Degree flexibility and university drop-out: The Italian experience," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 27(5), pages 546-555, October.
- Carole Brunet & Nathalie Havet, 2011.
"Homeownership and job-match quality in France,"
1131, Groupe d'Analyse et de Théorie Economique (GATE), Centre national de la recherche scientifique (CNRS), Université Lyon 2, Ecole Normale Supérieure.
- Crombrugghe Denis de & Espinoza Henry & Heijke Hans, 2010. "Determinants of dropout behaviour in a job training programme for disadvantaged youths," ROA Research Memorandum 008, Maastricht University, Research Centre for Education and the Labour Market (ROA).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.