How complex are the contracts offered by health plans?
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Spanish Economic Association in its journal SERIEs.
Volume (Year): 1 (2010)
Issue (Month): 3 (July)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Universidad del País Vasco; DFAE II; Avenida Lehendakari Aguirre, 83; 48015 Bilbao; Spain
Phone: +34 94 6013783
Fax: + 34 94 6013774
Web page: http://www.springer.com/economics/journal/13209
More information through EDIRC
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D82 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Asymmetric and Private Information; Mechanism Design
- I11 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Analysis of Health Care Markets
- L13 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Oligopoly and Other Imperfect Markets
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ellis, Randall P. & McGuire, Thomas G., 2007.
"Predictability and predictiveness in health care spending,"
Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier,
Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 25-48, January.
- Randall P. Ellis & Thomas G. McGuire, 2006. "Predictability and Predictiveness in Health Care Spending," Boston University - Department of Economics - Working Papers Series, Boston University - Department of Economics WP2006-001, Boston University - Department of Economics.
- Biglaiser, Gary & Ma, Ching-to Albert, 2003.
" Price and Quality Competition under Adverse Selection: Market Organization and Efficiency,"
RAND Journal of Economics,
The RAND Corporation, vol. 34(2), pages 266-86, Summer.
- Gary Biglaiser & Ching-to Albert Ma, 2000. "Price and Quality Competition under Adverse Selection: Market Organization and Efficiency," Papers, Boston University - Industry Studies Programme 0102, Boston University - Industry Studies Programme.
- Ellis, Randall P., 1998. "Creaming, skimping and dumping: provider competition on the intensive and extensive margins1," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 17(5), pages 537-555, October.
- Yongmin Chen & Michael H. Riordan, 2007.
"Price and Variety in the Spokes Model,"
Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society,
Royal Economic Society, vol. 117(522), pages 897-921, 07.
- Michael H. Riordan & Yongmin Chen, 2005. "Price and Variety in the Spokes Model," Discussion Papers, Columbia University, Department of Economics 0405-20, Columbia University, Department of Economics.
- Frank, Richard G. & Glazer, Jacob & McGuire, Thomas G., 2000. "Measuring adverse selection in managed health care," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 19(6), pages 829-854, November.
- Frank, Richard G. & Lamiraud, Karine, 2009.
"Choice, price competition and complexity in markets for health insurance,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier,
Elsevier, vol. 71(2), pages 550-562, August.
- Richard Frank & Karine Lamiraud, 2008. "Choice, Price Competition and Complexity in Markets for Health Insurance," NBER Working Papers 13817, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- J. Miguel Villas-Boas & Udo Schmidt-Mohr, 1999. "Oligopoly with Asymmetric Information: Differentiation in Credit Markets," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 30(3), pages 375-396, Autumn.
- Olivella, Pau & Vera-Hernandez, Marcos, 2007. "Competition among differentiated health plans under adverse selection," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 233-250, March.
- Ching-to A. Ma, 2004. "Managed care and shadow price," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 13(2), pages 199-202.
- William E. Encinosa & David E. M. Sappington, 1997. "Competition among Health Maintenance Organizations," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 6(1), pages 129-150, 03.
- Thomas G. McGuire & Jacob Glazer, 2000. "Optimal Risk Adjustment in Markets with Adverse Selection: An Application to Managed Care," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, American Economic Association, vol. 90(4), pages 1055-1071, September.
- Daniel McFadden & Carlos Noton & Pau Olivella, 2012.
"Remedies for Sick Insurance,"
620, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Daniel L. McFadden & Carlos E. Noton & Pau Olivella, 2012. "Remedies for Sick Insurance," NBER Working Papers 17938, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Daniel McFadden & Carlos Noton & Pau Olivella, 2013. "Remedies for Sick Insurance," Documentos de Trabajo, Centro de EconomÃa Aplicada, Universidad de Chile 302, Centro de Economía Aplicada, Universidad de Chile.
- Daniel McFadden & Carlos Noton & Pau Olivella, 2013. "Minimum Coverage Regulation in Insurance Markets," Documentos de Trabajo, Centro de EconomÃa Aplicada, Universidad de Chile 301, Centro de Economía Aplicada, Universidad de Chile.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.