Greenhouse gas mitigation in developing countries through technology transfer?: a survey of empirical evidence
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Mitigation and Adaptation Strategies for Global Change.
Volume (Year): 13 (2008)
Issue (Month): 3 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springer.com/economics/journal/11027
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- O33 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Technological Change: Choices and Consequences; Diffusion Processes
- O13 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Agriculture; Natural Resources; Environment; Other Primary Products
- F18 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Trade and Environment
- F21 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Investment; Long-Term Capital Movements
- F35 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Foreign Aid
- Q54 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Climate; Natural Disasters
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Saggi, Kamal, 2000.
"Trade, foreign direct investment, and international technology transfer : a survey,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
2349, The World Bank.
- Kamal Saggi, 2002. "Trade, Foreign Direct Investment, and International Technology Transfer: A Survey," World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 17(2), pages 191-235, September.
- Gunnar A. Eskeland & Ann E. Harrison, 2002.
"Moving to Greener Pastures? Multinationals and the Pollution Haven Hypothesis,"
NBER Working Papers
8888, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Eskeland, Gunnar S. & Harrison, Ann E., 2003. "Moving to greener pastures? Multinationals and the pollution haven hypothesis," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(1), pages 1-23, February.
- Eskeland, Gunnar S. & Harrison, Ann E., 1997. "Moving to greener pastures : multinationals and the pollution-haven hypothesis," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1744, The World Bank.
- Theodore Panayotou, 2000. "Globalization and Environment," CID Working Papers 53, Center for International Development at Harvard University.
- Robert Hoffmann & Lee Chew Ging & Bala Ramasamy & Matthew Yeung, 2004.
"FDI and Pollution: A Granger Causality Test using Panel Data,"
CEABuR Working Papers
2, Centre for Europe-Asia Business Research.
- Robert Hoffmann & Chew-Ging Lee & Bala Ramasamy & Matthew Yeung, 2005. "FDI and pollution: a granger causality test using panel data," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(3), pages 311-317.
- Brian R. Copeland & M. Scott Taylor, 2004.
"Trade, Growth, and the Environment,"
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, vol. 42(1), pages 7-71, March.
- Helen Lückge & Sonja Peterson, 2004. "The Role of CDM and JI for Fulfilling the European Kyoto Commitments," Kiel Working Papers 1232, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
- Dalia Hakura & Florence Jaumotte, 1999. "The Role of Inter- and Intraindustry Trade in Technology Diffusion," IMF Working Papers 99/58, International Monetary Fund.
- Marzio Galeotti & Claudia Kemfert, 2004. "Interactions between Climate and Trade Policies: A Survey," Working Papers 2004.88, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Blackman, Allen & Wu, Xun, 1999.
"Foreign direct investment in china's power sector: trends, benefits and barriers,"
Elsevier, vol. 27(12), pages 695-711, November.
- Blackman, Allen & Wu, Xun, 1998. "Foreign Direct Investment in China's Power Sector: Trends, Benefits and Barriers," Discussion Papers dp-98-50, Resources For the Future.
- Hoekman, Bernard M. & Maskus, Keith E. & Saggi, Kamal, 2005.
"Transfer of technology to developing countries: Unilateral and multilateral policy options,"
Elsevier, vol. 33(10), pages 1587-1602, October.
- Hoekman, Bernard M. & Maskus, Keith E. & Saggi, Kamal, 2004. "Transfer of technology to developing countries : unilateral and multilateral policy options," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3332, The World Bank.
- Adam Jaffe & Richard Newell & Robert Stavins, 2002. "Environmental Policy and Technological Change," Environmental & Resource Economics, European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 22(1), pages 41-70, June.
- Anderson, Kym & Strutt, Anna, 1998. "Will Trade Liberalization Harm the Environment? The Case of Indonesia 2020," CEPR Discussion Papers 1933, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Keller, Wolfgang, 2002.
"International Technology Diffusion,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
3133, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Blomström, Magnus & Kokko, Ari, 1996.
"Multinational Corporations and Spillovers,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
1365, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Franck Lecocq, 2005. "State and Trends of the Carbon Market—2004," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 7457, October.
- Cole, Matthew A. & Elliott, Robert J. R., 2003. "Determining the trade-environment composition effect: the role of capital, labor and environmental regulations," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 46(3), pages 363-383, November.
- Franck Lecocq & Karan Capoor, . "State and Trends of the Carbon Market 2005," World Bank Other Operational Studies 13411, The World Bank.
- Werner Antweiler & Brian R. Copeland & M. Scott Taylor, 2001.
"Is Free Trade Good for the Environment?,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 91(4), pages 877-908, September.
- Cole, Matthew A., 2006. "Does trade liberalization increase national energy use?," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 92(1), pages 108-112, July.
- Pauline Lacour & Catherine Figuière, 2011. "Environmentally friendly technologies transfers through trade flows from Japan to China - An approach by bilateral trade in environmental goods," Post-Print halshs-00628832, HAL.
- Hübler, Michael, 2011. "Technology diffusion under contraction and convergence: A CGE analysis of China," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 131-142, January.
- Lai, N.Y.G. & Yap, E.H. & Lee, C.W., 2011. "Viability of CCS: A broad-based assessment for Malaysia," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 15(8), pages 3608-3616.
- Richard Perkins & Eric Neumayer, 2009. "How do domestic attributes affect international spillovers of CO2-efficiency?," Grantham Research Institute on Climate Change and the Environment Working Papers 8, Grantham Research Institute on Climate Change and the Environment.
- Richard Perkins & Eric Neumayer, 2012. "Do recipient country characteristics affect international spillovers of CO 2-efficiency via trade and foreign direct investment?," Climatic Change, Springer, vol. 112(2), pages 469-491, May.
- Gosens, Jorrit & Lu, Yonglong & Coenen , Lars, 2013. "Clean-tech Innovation in Emerging Economies: Transnational Dimensions in Technological Innovation System Formation," CIRCLE Electronic Working Papers 2013/10, Lund University, CIRCLE - Center for Innovation, Research and Competences in the Learning Economy.
- Das, Anjana & Ahlgren, Erik O., 2010. "Implications of using clean technologies to power selected ASEAN countries," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(4), pages 1851-1871, April.
- Michael Hübler, 2009. "Energy Saving Technology Diffusion via FDI and Trade: A CGE Model of China," Kiel Working Papers 1479, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
- Gunter Stephan & Georg Müller-Fürstenberger, 2012. "Global Warming, Technology Transfer and Trade in Carbon Energy: Challenge or Threat?," Diskussionsschriften dp1206, Universitaet Bern, Departement Volkswirtschaft.
- Jun Li, 2011. "Supporting greenhouse gas mitigation in developing cities: a synthesis of financial instruments," Mitigation and Adaptation Strategies for Global Change, Springer, vol. 16(6), pages 677-698, August.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.