Does trade liberalization increase national energy use?
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Economics Letters.
Volume (Year): 92 (2006)
Issue (Month): 1 (July)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolet
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Baumol,William J. & Oates,Wallace E., 1988. "The Theory of Environmental Policy," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521322249, October.
- Baumol,William J. & Oates,Wallace E., 1988. "The Theory of Environmental Policy," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521311120, October.
- Gene M. Grossman & Alan B. Krueger, 1991.
"Environmental Impacts of a North American Free Trade Agreement,"
NBER Working Papers
3914, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Grossman, G.M & Krueger, A.B., 1991. "Environmental Impacts of a North American Free Trade Agreement," Papers 158, Princeton, Woodrow Wilson School - Public and International Affairs.
- Grossman, Gene & Krueger, Alan B, 1992. "Environmental Impacts of a North American Free Trade Agreement," CEPR Discussion Papers 644, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Werner Antweiler & Brian R. Copeland & M. Scott Taylor, 1998.
"Is Free Trade Good for the Environment?,"
NBER Working Papers
6707, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Josh Ederington & Jenny Minier, 2003.
"Is environmental policy a secondary trade barrier? An empirical analysis,"
Canadian Journal of Economics,
Canadian Economics Association, vol. 36(1), pages 137-154, February.
- Josh Ederington & Jenny Minier, 2000. "Is Environmental Policy a Secondary Trade Barrier? An Empirical Analysis," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 1507, Econometric Society.
- Jeffrey Frankel & Andrew Rose, 2002.
"An Estimate Of The Effect Of Common Currencies On Trade And Income,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
MIT Press, vol. 117(2), pages 437-466, May.
- Frankel, Jeffrey & Rose, Andrew K., 2001. "An Estimate of the Effect of Common Currencies on Trade and Income," Working Paper Series rwp01-013, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- World Bank, 2002. "World Development Indicators 2002," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 13921.
- Cole, Matthew A. & Elliott, Robert J. R., 2003. "Determining the trade-environment composition effect: the role of capital, labor and environmental regulations," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 46(3), pages 363-383, November.
- Löschel, Andreas & Rexhäuser, Sascha & Schymura, Michael, 2013. "Trade and the environment: An application of the WIOD database," ZEW Discussion Papers 13-005, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Managi, Shunsuke, 2012. "Trade, economic growth and environment," IDE Discussion Papers 342, Institute of Developing Economies, Japan External Trade Organization(JETRO).
- Pueyo, Ana & García, Rodrigo & Mendiluce, María & Morales, Darío, 2011. "The role of technology transfer for the development of a local wind component industry in Chile," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(7), pages 4274-4283, July.
- Naughton, Helen Tammela, 2010.
"Globalization and Emissions in Europe,"
27684, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Matthew A Cole & Robert R J Elliott & Eric Strobl, 2007.
"The Environmental Performance of Firms: The Role of Foreign Ownership, Training, and Experience,"
07-08, Department of Economics, University of Birmingham.
- Cole, Matthew A. & Elliott, Robert J.R. & Strobl, Eric, 2008. "The environmental performance of firms: The role of foreign ownership, training, and experience," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 65(3), pages 538-546, April.
- Managi, Shunsuke & Hibiki, Akira & Tsurumi, Tetsuya, 2009.
"Does trade openness improve environmental quality?,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 58(3), pages 346-363, November.
- MANAGI Shunsuke & HIBIKI Akira & TSURUMI Tetsuya, 2008. "Does Trade Liberalization Reduce Pollution Emissions?," Discussion papers 08013, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- Hübler, Michael & Glas, Alexander, 2013. "The energy-bias of North-South technology spillovers: A global, bilateral, bisectoral trade analysis," ZEW Discussion Papers 13-031, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Chintrakarn, Pandej & Millimet, Daniel, 2006. "Subnational Trade Flows and State-Level Energy Intensity," Departmental Working Papers 0601, Southern Methodist University, Department of Economics.
- De Cian, Enrica & Schymura, Michael & Verdolini, Elena & Voigt, Sebastian, 2013.
"Energy intensity developments in 40 major economies: Structural change or technology improvement?,"
ZEW Discussion Papers
13-052, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Enrica De Cian & Michael Schymura & Elena Verdolini & Sebastian Voigt, 2013. "Energy Intensity Developments in 40 Major Economies: Structural Change or Technology Improvement?," Working Papers 2013.38, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Michael Hübler, 2009. "Energy Saving Technology Diffusion via FDI and Trade: A CGE Model of China," Kiel Working Papers 1479, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
- Hübler, Michael, 2011. "Technology diffusion under contraction and convergence: A CGE analysis of China," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 131-142, January.
- Sonja Peterson, 2008. "Greenhouse gas mitigation in developing countries through technology transfer?: a survey of empirical evidence," Mitigation and Adaptation Strategies for Global Change, Springer, vol. 13(3), pages 283-305, March.
- Zheng, Yingmei & Qi, Jianhong & Chen, Xiaoliang, 2011. "The effect of increasing exports on industrial energy intensity in China," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(5), pages 2688-2698, May.
- Hübler, Michael & Keller, Andreas, 2010.
"Energy savings via FDI? Empirical evidence from developing countries,"
Environment and Development Economics,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 15(01), pages 59-80, February.
- Michael Hübler & Andreas Keller, 2008. "Energy Savings via FDI? Empirical Evidence from Developing Countries," Kiel Working Papers 1393, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.