State and Trends of the Carbon Market 2005
AbstractThis study reviews the state and trends of the carbon market as of May 2005, based on material provided by Evolution Markets LLC, and Natsource LLC, and based on interviews with a large number of market participants. One of the main findings is the regulatory framework of the carbon market has solidified considerably in the past 12 months, with the start of operations of EU ETS on January 1, 2005 and the entry into force of the Kyoto Protocol on February 16, 2005. While regulatory uncertainty continues, notably for the registration of Clean Development Mechanism (CDM) projects by the CDM Executive Board.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by The World Bank in its series World Bank Other Operational Studies with number 13411.
Date of creation:
Date of revision:
Energy - Energy and Environment Environment - Carbon Policy and Trading Environment - Environmental Economics & Policies Environment - Montreal Protocol Macroeconomics and Economic Growth - Markets and Market Access;
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gilau, Asmerom M. & Van Buskirk, Robert & Small, Mitchell J., 2007. "Enabling optimal energy options under the Clean Development Mechanism," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(11), pages 5526-5534, November.
- Christoph Böhringer & Thomas F. Rutherford & Marco Springmann, 2013.
"Clean-Development Investments: An Incentive-Compatible CGE Modelling Framework,"
ZenTra Working Papers in Transnational Studies
23 / 2013, ZenTra - Center for Transnational Studies, revised Dec 2013.
- Christoph Böhringer & Thomas F. Rutherford & Marco Springmann, 2013. "Clean-Development Investments: An Incentive-Compatible CGE Modelling Framework," Working Papers V-354-13, University of Oldenburg, Department of Economics, revised Mar 2013.
- Gernot Klepper & Sonja Peterson, 2006.
"Emissions Trading, CDM, JI, and More: The Climate Strategy of the EU,"
The Energy Journal,
International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 2), pages 1-26.
- Klepper, Gernot & Peterson, Sonja, 2006. "Emissions trading, CDM, JI, and more : the climate strategy of the EU," Open Access Publications from Kiel Institute for the World Economy 3814, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Gernot Klepper & Sonja Peterson, 2005. "Emissions Trading, CDM, JI, and More – The Climate Strategy of the EU," Working Papers 2005.55, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Zhang, ZhongXiang, 2006.
"Toward an effective implementation of clean development mechanism projects in China,"
Elsevier, vol. 34(18), pages 3691-3701, December.
- Zhang, ZhongXiang, 2004. "Towards an effective implementation of clean development mechanism projects in China," MPRA Paper 13147, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Jul 2005.
- Perez, Carlos & Roncoli, Carla & Neely, Constance & Steiner, Jean L., 2007. "Can carbon sequestration markets benefit low-income producers in semi-arid Africa? Potentials and challenges," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 94(1), pages 2-12, April.
- Schallaböck, Karl Otto & Fischedick, Manfred & Brouns, Bernd & Luhmann, Hans-Jochen & Merten, Frank, 2006. "Klimawirksame Emissionen des PKW-Verkehrs und Bewertung von Minderungsstrategien," Wuppertal Spezial, Wuppertal Institute for Climate, Environment and Energy, volume 34, number 34.
- Zhang, ZhongXiang, 2004.
"The World Bank's prototype carbon fund and China,"
13222, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Dec 2005.
- Sonja Peterson, 2008. "Greenhouse gas mitigation in developing countries through technology transfer?: a survey of empirical evidence," Mitigation and Adaptation Strategies for Global Change, Springer, vol. 13(3), pages 283-305, March.
- Bohringer, Christoph & Rutherford, Thomas F. & Springmannc, Marco, 2013. "Clean-development investments : an incentive-compatible CGE modeling framework," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6720, The World Bank.
- Springmann, Marco & Böhringer, Christoph & Rutherford, Thomas F., 2013. "Clean-development investments: an incentive-compatible CGE modeling framework," Annual Conference 2013 (Duesseldorf): Competition Policy and Regulation in a Global Economic Order 79939, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Breineder).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.