“Hard workers” and labor restrictions
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Journal of Population Economics.
Volume (Year): 25 (2012)
Issue (Month): 2 (January)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://link.springer.de/link/service/journals/00148/index.htm
More information through EDIRC
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D10 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - General
- D50 - Microeconomics - - General Equilibrium and Disequilibrium - - - General
- J22 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Time Allocation and Labor Supply
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jacob A. Mincer, 1974. "Introduction to "Schooling, Experience, and Earnings"," NBER Chapters, in: Schooling, Experience, and Earnings, pages 1-4 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jennifer Hunt, 1998. "Hours Reductions as Work-Sharing," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 29(1), pages 339-381.
- Apps, Patricia & Rees, Ray, 2001.
"Household production, full consumption and the costs of children,"
Elsevier, vol. 8(6), pages 621-648, December.
- Apps, Patricia & Rees, Ray, 2000. "Household Production, Full Consumption and the Costs of Children," IZA Discussion Papers 157, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Shelly Lundberg & Jennifer Romich & Kwok Tsang, 2009.
"Decision-making by children,"
Review of Economics of the Household,
Springer, vol. 7(1), pages 1-30, March.
- Shelly Lundberg & Jennifer Romich & Kwok Ping Tsang, 2007. "Decision Making By Children," Working Papers UWEC-2007-24, University of Washington, Department of Economics.
- Lundberg, Shelly & Romich, Jennifer & Tsang, Kwok P., 2007. "Decision-Making by Children," IZA Discussion Papers 2952, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Landers, Renee M & Rebitzer, James B & Taylor, Lowell J, 1996. "Rat Race Redux: Adverse Selection in the Determination of Work Hours in Law Firms," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 86(3), pages 329-48, June.
- Basu, Kaushik, 2001.
"Gender and Say: A Model of Household Behavior with Endogenously-Determined Balance of Power,"
01-01, Cornell University, Center for Analytic Economics.
- Kaushik Basu, 2006. "Gender and Say: a Model of Household Behaviour with Endogenously Determined Balance of Power," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 116(511), pages 558-580, 04.
- Kaushik Basu, 2004. "Gender and Say A Model of Household Behavior with Endogenously-determined Balance of Power," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 2054, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Weiss, Yoram, 1996. "Synchronization of Work Schedules," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 37(1), pages 157-79, February.
- Entorf, Horst & Konig, Heinz & Pohlmeier, Winfried, 1992. " Labor Utilization and Nonwage Labor Costs in a Disequilibrium Macro Framework," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 94(1), pages 71-83.
- Kai A. Konrad & Kjell Erik Lommerud, 2000.
"The bargaining family revisited,"
Canadian Journal of Economics,
Canadian Economics Association, vol. 33(2), pages 471-487, May.
- Konrad, K.A. & Lommerud, K.E., 2000. "The Bargaining Family Revisited," Norway; Department of Economics, University of Bergen 212, Department of Economics, University of Bergen.
- Konrad, Kai A & Lommerud, Kjell Erik, 1996. "The Bargaining Family Revisited," CEPR Discussion Papers 1312, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Hans Gersbach & Hans Haller, 2011.
"Bargaining cum voice,"
Social Choice and Welfare,
Springer, vol. 36(2), pages 199-225, February.
- Hans Gersbach & Hans Haller, 2009.
"Bargaining power and equilibrium consumption,"
Social Choice and Welfare,
Springer, vol. 33(4), pages 665-690, November.
- Chiappori, P.A., 1989.
"Collective Labour Supply and Welfare,"
DELTA Working Papers
89-07, DELTA (Ecole normale supérieure).
- Clemenz, Gerhard, 1990. "Non-sequential consumer search and the consequences of a deregulation of trading hours," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 34(7), pages 1323-1337, November.
- Donni, Olivier, 2003.
"Collective household labor supply: nonparticipation and income taxation,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 87(5-6), pages 1179-1198, May.
- Olivier Donni, 2001. "Collective Household Labor Supply: Nonparticipation and Income Taxation," Cahiers de recherche CREFE / CREFE Working Papers 140, CREFE, Université du Québec à Montréal.
- Lazear, Edward P, 1981. "Agency, Earnings Profiles, Productivity, and Hours Restrictions," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(4), pages 606-20, September.
- Vermeulen, F.M.P. & Bargain, O. & Beblo, M. & Beninger, D. & Blundell, R. & Carrasco, R. & Chiuri, M-C. & Laisney, F. & Lechene, V. & Moreau, N. & Myck, M. & Ruiz-castillo, J., 2006.
"Collective models of labor supply with nonconvex budget sets and nonparticipation: A calibration approach,"
Open Access publications from Tilburg University
urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-194160, Tilburg University.
- Frederic Vermeulen & Olivier Bargain & Miriam Beblo & Denis Beninger & Richard Blundell & Raquel Carrasco & Maria-Concetta Chiuri & François Laisney & Valérie Lechene & Nicolas Moreau & Michal Myck , 2006. "Collective Models of Labor Supply with Nonconvex Budget Sets and Nonparticipation: A Calibration Approach," Review of Economics of the Household, Springer, vol. 4(2), pages 113-127, 06.
- Bargain, Olivier & Beblo, Miriam & Beninger, Denis & Blundell, Richard & Carrasco, Raquel & Chiuri, Maria-Concetta & Laisney, François & Lechene, Valérie & Moreau, Nicolas & Myck, Michal & Ruiz-Cast, 2006. "Collective models of labor supply with nonconvex budget sets and nonparticipation : a calibration approach," Open Access publications from Universidad Carlos III de Madrid info:hdl:10016/4736, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid.
- Gersbach, Hans & Haller, Hans, 2001. "Collective Decisions and Competitive Markets," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 68(2), pages 347-68, April.
- Chiappori, P.A. & Ekeland, I., 2006. "The micro economics of group behavior: General characterization," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 130(1), pages 1-26, September.
- Shelly Lundberg & Robert Pollak, 2003.
"Efficiency in Marriage,"
Review of Economics of the Household,
Springer, vol. 1(3), pages 153-167, September.
- Jacob A. Mincer, 1974. "Schooling, Experience, and Earnings," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number minc74-1.
- Kessing, Sebastian G. & Konrad, Kai A., 2006. "Union strategy and optimal direct taxation," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 90(1-2), pages 393-402, January.
- Haller, Hans, 2000. "Household Decisions and Equilibrium Efficiency," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 41(4), pages 835-47, November.
- Konrad, Kai A & Lommerud, Kjell Erik, 1995. " Family Policy with Non-cooperative Families," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 97(4), pages 581-601, December.
- Chiappori, Pierre-Andre, 1988. "Rational Household Labor Supply," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 56(1), pages 63-90, January.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.